Note to New Members ×

help - binding spacer?

boidy77

hi there,

i am looking for some advice and i apologise in advance if this has been asked previously.

i ride hardboots n burton race plate bindings . most boards i buy are too slim and cause me to boot out unless riding higher angles.

is it possible to buy some kind of spacer/ spacing block to place between the binding and board? im thinking this would allow me to ride less angles at times n still not boot out causing edge/boot to catch?

on one of my boards i hqve these round power plates but they onlyraise

A couple additional options that do add weight and are perhaps a bit more expensive.

Consider a full plate system.

or perhaps a Bomber Power Plate? Intended for soft boot bindings , however I am not sure why you couldn't use it for Burton Race plates either?

The Burton "Universal Cant" would create some life also if you can find them.

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

really appreciate the feedback and ideas guys. i have a large foot (13+) so wide boards are sometimes bit harder to find here in australia. i ride high angles on my carving board bubt wanted to sort a more freeride board. the boiler plate aint cheap but i like the idea of the power plates, are they a 2x4 screw mount like the race plates?

knowing the stresses put on the bindings when riding makes me concerned doing diy as im not that talented haha

the palmer risers look good

Edited by boidy77
my stupidity

• 1 month later...