Note to New Members ×

Missing Deeluxe sponsoring force riders to ride skiboots with BTS

snowmatic

The last time we can see breaking away sponsorships from Deeluxe to hardboots riders.

This is is not claim to be true, but there are more and more riders witch removed the Deeluxe logo on homepage.

We know it well, hardbooting is totaly going out of focus these Years. So it seems Deeluxe turns to the core (softboots) of business to reduce unnescessary costs.

Worldcup riders without Nortwave Point series hardboots are looking for alternate solutions.

Quality of Deeluxe hardboots are comming more and more worse and UPZ's are not for everyone the way to go.

Like we saw the last Years someones ride Dalbello Krypton's, or other ski boots.

One solution is now on trial-and-error, like we can see it now this weeks:

image.php?id=D437_536F9D8E&jpg

It looks very crazy how todays worldcup racers are searching for usable solutions.

This is an older to vintage 4-buckle ski-boot on photo with some alloy adapters for to mount a Bomber BTS on shell.

Maybe such constructions will lead into the future of hardbooting. Otherwise it hurts to the eyes watching such a complicated setup (board & isolation-plate & bindings & skiboots & bts). It turns far away from what hardbooting was once.

Interesting, so the reports of someone taking up the "Northwave" re-issue are false? Wishful thinking?

I road Techica TNS ski boots for many years on alpine boards. Not ideal , however they DEFINITELY transferred allot of pressure to the board.

When I first started using a real snowboard hard boot, they felt very soft. The trick is finding a balance between absorption and power.

Thanks for the great "content" in your recent posts, it is obvious to me that you are very well informed and a passionate alpine rider. Thank you!!

Bryan

which boot are in the photo?
I would bet Delbello

Doesn't affect now. I think this is/are trials on different ski boots which became available for free, like from rental shops or similar now on end of season. Until they close ski area May 25. the guy has enough time for more trials. For racing I think he will buy the right performing ones new and put than a BTS on shell.

taking up the "Northwave" re-issue are false?

This can be to discussed if they ever will be available.

Even such trials shows us getting hardboots for competing Alpine snowboarding are on ground zero now.

It's like we are at time before Raichle brought out the first "Snowboarder" or "SB-121" hardboot.

That guy on photo isn't a nobody racer. He is one of the world best alpine snowboarder (Worldcup top-ten ranking since Years).

I road Techica TNS ski boots for many years on alpine boards. Not ideal , however they DEFINITELY transferred allot of pressure to the board.

When I first started using a real snowboard hard boot, they felt very soft. The trick is finding a balance between absorption and power.

The trick is finding a balance between stiffness/flex of board/bindings/boots.

For competition battelfield has changed after millenium. Alpine snowboards followed. Bindings not that much (F2 comes out with a new plate binding for 2014/15, which looks very similar to SnowPro Race from before millenium, but with F2 bails on). Hardboots didn't follow, except of making shell stiffer by less flexing plastics, other buckles, higher cuff (UPZ).

When I first started using a real snowboard hard boot, they felt very soft.

Skiboots are way to stiff side-by-side.

Todays hardboots are way stiffer, than they had been designed for. Take a NOS Raichle 313. Compare the shell flex to todays Deeluxe Track 225. The difference of flex is not big, it's amazing huge! Track 69 and Track 325 comes stiffer than 225. Same thing on UPS RSV (was top-of-the-line) to now-a-days UPZ RC10.

Todays hardboots are stiffer because avg. rider weight is now 50-70 lbs more and they ride boards which are 5-8" longer. The result of that we can find in Your thread! (AIL "Alpine Injured List")

This way children, but women too and light weight riders also, would no more be predisposed to become alpine snowboard rider.

They won't find practicable boots, they won't find short and light bindings. Even F2 Titanium size S is just another crummy build choice.

That guy is just Nevin Galmarini...<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/w7ptSfG5QD4?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/w7ptSfG5QD4?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>