Note to New Members ×

O-Sin 4807 Concept

gdboytyler

Is this O-Sin 4807 Concept in the EBay auction

EBay Link

the same O-Sin 4807 that people have been raving about or is it a cheap knock-off?

The EBay auction says the retail price is $299. I thought the original retail price was around $600.

I currently have a Burton Fish 156 MD that rides great in powder and hacked up snow, but it pretty much sucks on hardpack. I'd like to get a board that is just as good as the Fish in powder, but handles the hardpack better.

I got that identical board off ebay from

a different dealer for $149, in shrink wrap.

I'm 6' 185lbs, maybe 178cm is the better size,

but I've been pleased with the 2 runs or so

that I've had on the 168. I went with soft

boots that day, but from now on it will

be plates.

Guest Randy S.

If you could get the 178 version for the same price, that'd be my choice. I have that board and it is fun in the powder. Its the board I was riding on Jan 2 when I tore my achilles. At least I got two totally untracked pow runs before I got hurt. I'm 5'10" and 195lbs. I wouldn't want the smaller one (then again I don't like short boards in general).

Buy it and have fun. It looks really cool with plate bindings on it.

Thanks for the input. I bought the board. I'm addicted to buying boards for cheap on E-Bay.

I'm 5'7" and 130 lb, so the 168 should fit me better than the 178. This will be the longest board in my quiver.

I will try this board out with my Flow and TD2 bindings. I wanted to try the TD2's on my Fish, but I don't have the 3-hole discs.

I promised myself that I would try to save money and not go to Mammoth again until March because of a planned trip to CO in Feb. But if a good snowstorm hits on a weekend before my trip to CO, that promise is going down the drain.

I'm only going to keep one powder board, so either the Fish or the 4807 will be hitting EBay/Classifieds by the end of the season.

I rode the 168 in powder last week at Mammoth. Bad weather put me in the lower slopes so I used the 168 for tight tree riding in real deep stuff. I usually ride the 178 in the open powder bowls and it still works great in the glades but gets kinda clunky when your speed drops to much. I also use plates and Suzuka boots in walk mode, td-2's set back an extra couple cm. These boards can still hook up real well on hard pack. The board length is deceiving cuz your actual running edge is alot less due to the extreme shovel nose design.

Mtnpig, I was also in Mammoth last week, (1-11 to 1-13). Tuesday was a good powder day and I spent most of my time on Lincoln peak (chair 22). I saw two guys on swallow tails getting on a chair together, but couldn't tell what brand. Was that you? My skier buddy doesn't handle powder well, so I rode alone all day.

I rode with GaryJ from BOL and my skier buddy on Wed and Thurs. Wed could have been epic, but Mammoth was too slow with getting the chairs and gondola started. Blue skies and powder and no access until after 11:00 :mad: Thurs, the snow was perfect for carving but flat light.

Nils, thanks for the info on the model year of the O-Sin I ordered. Why don't you show O-Sin/Dynastar as a swallow tail manufacturer on you website? Is the 4807 not considered a true swallow tail?

actually i tried the board at the swallowmania where all the swallowboards can be tested.. I thought the board lacked what all other boards had..ability to handle chops, uneven terrain at high speeds, and most of all length.. ( the 178 model did not exist at that time).. The tail is a in between concept, and is more like a split tail. It does not the job of a real swallowtail ( to my opinion ).

Despite all this I liked the price of the board, and the concept, but to call it a Swallowtail powder board is exagerated, its more a fish tail btw :). It is way better than an average freeride board in the powder but program is too versatile to be exceptionnal everywhere !

Another thing is its an industrial board marketed like any other industrial product ( dynastar = rossignol) and i'm more interested in shaper's production ( despite the good swallowtails made by rossi)

N.

So here I was perfectly happy drinking my MD-2020 wine (w/the screw cap) and some connosuer (spell check) has to tell me the virtues of wine from the French countryside. Thanks Nils now I'm back on the Swell Panik kick. I saw a guy last week on a cool looking black Winterstik. GB-T I was there on the actual weekend riding by myself in a blizzard. Last Martin Luther King weekend was great for carving but verty crowded and tapering off Sunday after lunch. I'll be up next weekend Jan 28-30.

has got me thinking...anyone smell P-Tex burning??? $150 for an Ice Coast Powder board that will handle plates is too good to pass up for...Oddly my wife has given permission to buy one I just have to find a place to store it till next year (and buy a second board kit for my Cateks

I got my 4807 yesterday and mounted my TD2's at the reference arrows, which gives a 20.5" stance width, with 30F/25B stance angles.

I'm leaving for Mammoth this afternoon and they could have 10-12" of new powder for Sat morning. I can't wait to try out my new stick. I was hoping that I would get to try it out in 2 ft of fresh, but 10" should still be fun.

So how are all you other 4807 riders setup?