Note to New Members ×

WTB (Possibly) Catek FR2s

lordmetroland

I've been reading up on the Catek FR2s - good and bad - and may be interested in buying a pair. They'd need to be size large, my boots are 13s. Currently on Ride El Hefes, which I really like, so the lack of replacement parts and the probability of vanishing hardware for the Cateks is a bit spooky. But I might want a little better control over the Exxon Valdez that I recently christened. So, I'm a bit unsure but interested to see what's out there. Thanks!

Edited by lordmetroland

Have you seen these? http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/Power-Plate-System-_p_181.html

They add cant/lift adjustability to your current softboot bindings

I have, indeed. They factor into my indecision over the Cateks. It's the extra 3 pounds of metal that's giving me pause. I'm not a weight weenie; the board is pretty heavy to begin with.

http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/Power-Plate-System-_p_181.html[/url]

They add cant/lift adjustability to your current softboot bindings

If only They made a binder complete that utilized the td-3 base. That extra weight could actually be a direct replacement for the Catek. "Help us Fin Kenobi, you are our only hope"

I will gladly test any prototypes you may come up with!!!

If only They made a binder complete that utilized the td-3 base. That extra weight could actually be a direct replacement for the Catek. "Help us Fin Kenobi, you are our only hope"

I will gladly test any prototypes you may come up with!!!

Yes, yes, yes! Now you've hit on another variable in the equation. If, say, there was a company known for quality, simplicity - and maybe most relevant to this question - solvency, that offered a rugged-a** substitute for the FR2, I wouldn't be paralyzed by doubt. I'd be riding on it! If only....

Oh yes; and I would be a willing guinea pig too!

• 3 weeks later...

You might call all board sports in boulder to see if he has any Catek free rides in stock as he has been a Catek dealer for a long time. He has lots of stiffer soft boot bindings as well.303-415-1600 You would need to get the Catekfree ride with carbon fiber highbacks to get the most stiffness.nidecker used to make a soft binding with carbon fiber high backs which might still be available?I rode the free frides for a little while and then went back to hardboots for good full time.

You might call all board sports in boulder to see if he has any Catek free rides in stock as he has been a Catek dealer for a long time.

Thanks for the idea, but All Board Sports has no FRs in stock (and none in the foreseeable future...). It was worth a shot, though!

Edited by lordmetroland