Note to New Members ×

Suzuka Thermo and Insoles

jpk

Hi,

I read all the discussions about using insoles/footbeds. Has anyone molded a thermo liner without using an insole/footbed?Are you satisfied with the results? I will definitely not using a custom footbed as I don´t like the feeling of support everywhere. I have absolutely no problems with my feet. But I wonder If I should use a standard insole or nothing. Deeluxe suggested not to use any insole.

Thanks

JPK

I rode my 324's for the past 4 years with no insoles and felt no problems as a result. I just bought a pair of Suzuka's and am going to try some over the counter footbetds this time, but if you've got no problem with your feet, you'll probably be all set.

I originally had mine molded without, and seemed ok. Had a little footpain, but I think its just cuz my feet are wide

I scored some downunder trim to fits though, and remolded. Havent ridden with them yet though.

perhaps get some decent footbeds, non custom? $30?

I have been using TF liners with no footbeds for the last 4 years and its the best fit I can get WITHOUT paying for custom footbeds. I tried several other off the shelf types and always ended up taking them out and remolding to use JUST the thermoflex.

That being said, I have 2 disclaimers

1) I have very flat feet. I think this is part of the reason I like the footbed less fit better.

2) I am 100% sure that if I shelled out the money to have a good boot fitter make me some custom footbeds that they would do a better job than my bare thermoflex approach, and possibly make me a better and more comfortable rider. However, I currently have a great fitting boot with absolutely no pain, I dont see the point in spending the money on something I don't need.

-Todd

Hey guys hi,

I just got my new af700's and i was wondering exactly about the question of whether I need to use my footbeds or if i should just leave them in my old ups'a as spares. Well I guess I'll try them in first and if it doesn't workout, I'll try it the other way around.

So that said does anybody know the time and temp needed to cook them for the remolding process?

thanx,

Marc

BTW blue skies, high 40's and a 40 ft base here in Tahoe today:D

Oh well, dyslexia is a terrrible thing sometimes. My bad, and thanx for the sharp eye. 40 degrees and 10 ft base is what I meant to type.

Which BTW is still just killer !!

Originally posted by D-Sub

grrrr...base back town to BELOW 4' here at bach.

Im cursed, I swear it

The world's smallest violin is playing for you... at least it's open, and most of the lifts are running!

Speaking of curses...

Seems like New England is having a rough year for snow... and there is (and has been previous to 10/04) quite a large number of Red Sox fans in Oregon including myself...

Coincidence???

(I'm only superstitious about two things - the Red sox and snow. So D-Sub, when do you go back to CA? :p )