Note to New Members ×

shin muscle pain

trailertrash

I also had this some seasons ago. Can be a result of several possibilities:

The socks you use are too thin, so the pressure is to direct at your shins.

You have tightened your boots too firm around your shins.

You have shinbang (just use boosterstraps).

Your liners have worn out, result is too much pressure.

It's the beginning of the season, you just have to give it some time to get use to your hardboots and train your legs, you have a lack of muscles and/or (good) condition.

The size of your boots isn't right.

Hope this will help to think something over.

Greets, Hans.

and some more questions...

Both feet, or just one?

What angles, stance, can't and lift...?

Do you have this after riding on (very) hard snow, or under all conditions?

Calf to ankle ratio, are your calves big and your ankles small?

That would create kinda an empty pocket where your liner doesn't sit tight enough...

Bow or knock legged?

Ray

Ray,

Both feet, shallow angles on a 4wd 169 size 25 shell. 18 inch stance, im 5'6. i have the cateks and do have them lifted and canted but since it is both feet im thinking its not that.

i think it is more pronounced on harder conditions.

Calves are normal but feet are narow so that I have to bottom out the ankle strap on my indy's and it is still not tight enough. you know what they say about guys with narrow feet? they have to order new ankle straps from bomber.

and yes, it hurts mostly when i stop but today if i kneel down it hurts so much that i can only kneel for a few seconds then i have to put my knee down.

thanks

john

Originally posted by Ray

and some more questions...

Both feet, or just one?

What angles, stance, can't and lift...?

Do you have this after riding on (very) hard snow, or under all conditions?

Calf to ankle ratio, are your calves big and your ankles small?

That would create kinda an empty pocket where your liner doesn't sit tight enough...

Bow or knock legged?

Ray

Seems you and me are in the same boat/boot.

Your feet need a certain shell size. I assume you selected the most smallest possible for you and you had the toes punched in order to have these pain free.

Because of the low volume feet you probably could use a Bontex insole shim (www.tognar.com) to get rid of some of that extra volume in your shell. Next would be a custom footbed, which you probably also already have. Hmm.

Make sure your boot cuff alignment is correct.

Take the liner out, put the footbed into the shell and put your feet on the (centered) footbeds into the boot shell. Check if your shin and calvs are equally align in the cuff area of the boot shell.

Never over buckle! I agree with Bob. Over buckling creates issues. As bob said, buckle just tight enough to keep it from popping open and add a booster strap as well.

Your Indy’s, do you ride em with the hard or soft spring? Soft would probably be better for you.

I think you need to see a really good/creative boot fitter. You might want to check out a foam-injected liner (what I did). But even with them you may need some additional work done (extra padding build up around the area between the ankle where the foam pocket ends and the calf, some stuff to push you more into the heel pocket of the shell…).

Remember, ride hard when the snow is soft, ride soft (er) when the snow is hard!

I recommend taking Arnica (homeopathic), this stuff really helps a lot to let you heal fast (was recommended by someone here in the forum to me).

I believe in it! If it’s really bad and does not get better in a few days have it checked out, you never know.

All just my own experience.

Ray