Note to New Members ×

"Supersecret Sochi version"

Keyser Soze

Sorry if I missed it, but was there much talk about this?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/amateur/2013/02/22/canadian_snowboarders_look_for_technological_boost_over_competitors_with_apex_plate.html

Apex was allegedly working on a new plate for the Canadian national team. From the looks of it, Lambert's gone to back to the V1 plate. I heard something similar from another source. But is it just the V1? Or is this the new and improved plate? He doesn't seem to be hiding anything like they did back in 2010...

post-2456-14184240668_thumb.jpg

post-2456-141842406682_thumb.jpg

I have recently been spending allot of time on the V2 plate . I'm sure it's not the top secret one that the boys will be using next month, but my 2 cents on it is the team at APEX nailed it !!! everything about the APEX feels right. What I mean by saying that, is what you assume your are going to give up when using a full isolation plate, you don't !! From slower speeds to full speed, you are in 100% control of your board. There is no more thinking about every turn like other plate systems. You are focused on one thing and that is going fast down the fall line. because you have not lost feeling of the snow, it allows you to adapt and react quickly to whatever turn you need to make.

Set up was easy, the packaging was perfect and the quality of the product is top notch !!

Thanks ALEX !!!

Sorry if I missed it, but was there much talk about this?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/amateur/2013/02/22/canadian_snowboarders_look_for_technological_boost_over_competitors_with_apex_plate.html

Apex was allegedly working on a new plate for the Canadian national team. From the looks of it, Lambert's gone to back to the V1 plate. I heard something similar from another source. But is it just the V1? Or is this the new and improved plate? He doesn't seem to be hiding anything like they did back in 2010...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37351[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37352[/ATTACH]

Nothing secret with Lambert setup.

To set the record straight:

If you think V1 was stiff, you've never ridden it.

It's impossible for the plate to split at the axle point.

And ahh... we can't say anything about the Canadian plates.

I hope that clears things up<G>. We're blogging from Sochi on our Facebook page if you're interested in updates. Starting Feb. 16.

To set the record straight does that mean V2 is just as stiff as V1 ? ( I guess the two I saw that had a split (perhaps split was a bad choice of wording let's say cracked at the axle point :)) was an apparition. I'm pretty sure that was before your involvement with Apex so you may have had no knowledge of this fact.

To set the record straight does that mean V2 is just as stiff as V1 ? ( I guess the two I saw that had a split (perhaps split was a bad choice of wording let's say cracked at the axle point :)) was an apparition. I'm pretty sure that was before your involvement with Apex so you may have had no knowledge of this fact.

Lowrider:

It means the V1 was never stiff to begin with. It was really the difference between our plate and a lot of others. We never talked about it early for confidentiality reasons but I think it's safe to say now that we always engineered a certain amount of torsional and longitudinal flex into our plates. For every production version of our plates, we go through dozens of prototypes before we nail it. Even with FEA and bench testing, we never really know until we field test it.

That's why the guys who copied our plate (and I'm talking about European and Asian plates that literally traced our shape), never got it right. Because you can't tell what's going on beneath the surface. When you apply a traditional metal mindset to composites you end up with a 2D plank with isotropic properties leaving the only variable as geometry (contour and thickness).

Out of respect for Fin, I don't like saying too much here but I'm glad to talk to you at SOS assuming you're going.

Out of respect for Fin, I don't like saying too much here but I'm glad to talk to you at SOS assuming you're going.

I don't understand this at all. (Not the SOS instead of SES part)

This is the largest hardboot snowboarding site in the world right now. There's even a vendor area. Why not start a thread in the vendor area where folks can ask questions and see the replies or just answer questions openly and honestly?

I've never seen Fin have a problem with any vendors that do such on BOL.

I don't understand this at all. (Not the SOS instead of SES part)

This is the largest hardboot snowboarding site in the world right now. There's even a vendor area. Why not start a thread in the vendor area where folks can ask questions and see the replies or just answer questions openly and honestly?

I've never seen Fin have a problem with any vendors that do such on BOL.

The vendor forum is for approved, fee-paying vendors. That's why there are only Donek and Bomber posts on there.

As a vendor, I'm not allowed to start threads. I can participate, which I do when time allows, but I can't initiate. That's cool. It's Bomber's forum and I abide by the rules.