Note to New Members ×

Short vid of 1st test of new Carbon Fiber Umustcarve POV Camera Mount

Steve Prokopiw

Here is a little footage of one of the first runs with the latest carbon fiber prototype of the Umustcarve POV Camera Mount. Previous versions were made in aluminum with the lightest weighing in at 2.5 pounds with camera.This version weighs 1.5 pounds with camera.This is my second design using carbon,the first I scrapped near the end of last season.I'm pretty happy with the initial results.:-)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p_WUnULveUI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@SunSurfer,the 'horn' extends about 5 1/2" beyond the tip of the THIRST 188 I'm riding in the video.It extends to just inside the tip when mounted on my Diablo Composites 210. The previous versions I made in aluminum were prohibitively heavy when considering extensions beyond the board tips for several reasons.This carbon version is a full pound lighter.I will be shaving a few more ounces with the next,more refined version.

@Johnny,Thanks.It happens that I just started working for a shop that carries Garmin and is going to carry their new camera soon.I'm looking forward to adapting the mount to install the Garmin camera and seeing if it handles the abuse as well as Gopro and Drift.The camera used in the video is a Drift HD, which has been my favorite to date.There are form factor pros and cons to both the Drift and Gopro,but both have handled the punishment dished out by high intensity riding very well.