Note to New Members ×

Kessler 185 for sale

MattThePhotog

I joined this site in August because I'm interested in getting a hard boot set up. Through the little bit of knowledge I gained checking around the site I learned the quality of a Kessler board, and ended up getting this one on ebay. The straight up truth - I bought it as an investment, although I'd rather not say what I paid. I'd like to get $600 for it but it will go to the highest bidder as long as my cost is covered. My understanding is that it's built for a rider 160 - 190 lbs. It has a special insert pattern, I'm not sure what it is exactly.

I'll ship anywhere but live in southern California. I teach snowboarding at Snow Summit so if you want to meet up there some time and take it for a test ride that's fine by me.

PM, post reply or email me - MattThePhotog @ gmail dot com

post-12361-141842404688_thumb.jpg

post-12361-141842404681_thumb.jpg

post-12361-141842404685_thumb.jpg

Can anyone tell me where I can get bindings for this? If no one buys it I want to ride it.

If you have not rode hardboots then this is not the right board it is very long and you will need a plate system like the Apex (http://www.apexsnowboard.com/store_plate1.php) and then you need bindings to go on the plate (and hardboots, obviously). The plate can make it much harder to ride and is very easy to setup wrong. But it would be a great board in the future if you don't sell it and learn on something smaller and cheaper

If you have not rode hardboots then this is not the right board it is very long and you will need a plate system like the Apex (http://www.apexsnowboard.com/store_plate1.php) and then you need bindings to go on the plate (and hardboots, obviously). The plate can make it much harder to ride and is very easy to setup wrong. But it would be a great board in the future if you don't sell it and learn on something smaller and cheaper

I know this is a FS thread and I'm breaking the rules by replying here, but I agree with NSSage. I have one of these boards with Hangl plates and if you've never ridden hard boots before, it WILL hurt you. Bad. These things are the MotoGP bikes/ F1 cars of snowboarding, and they demand precise body positioning and commitment to the turn all the time unless you're standing in the lift line. It is not a board to be trifled with and all the soft boot experience in the world won't prepare you for the damage this thing is capable of. That's not to say it's a bad board; it's an absolutely mind- blowing, brutally powerful board that will handsomely reward those that are ready for it. But do not be lulled into thinking that it's just another board that you can hop on and rail. Mine handed me my ass on a silver platter with a side order of "eff off" for most of the first and a good part of the second day, but once I figured it out, it became my new favorite.

A Kessler 1.68 would be a far more friendly board to start on if you're the type that won't settle for less than the best from the start, otherwise there ain't no shame in picking up a $200 used board from one of the other fine gents on here. :)

Edited by Unicorn Poop

^

sound advice... I'm planning on riding This Friday at Summit. I have a nice softy carver that is friendly enough (but will serve you up a new arse if you forget its a carving board) for you to try. I also have a $200 special of you want to try. Hit me up 31 zero 2 four 5 7291

Lance

also, Terry is a pro patroller up there and rides hardboots

Edited by slopestar

Sorry to do that to your FS thread just thought I should let you know. The board is the best you can get but will not be the right choice for you right now. Eventually though it could be if you wanted to keep it. I'm sure you will sell it quick though, I would send you the money right now if it was a 180. I used to ride hardboots at snow summit every day literally, but I moved away otherwise I would have the gear to let you try it out

Bricky - I'm not the original owner. My understanding is that the board was built in 2009 for a rider 160 - 190 lbs. There is a small amount of rust on the edges but they are still very sharp with lots of metal left. here are some more pics showing both the edges at the nose and waist, with an exaggeratedpost-12361-141842405797_thumb.jpg view of some minor damage to the top sheet on the nose.

post-12361-141842405793_thumb.jpg

What are you looking for, soft boot- wise? Any particular binding and board brand, or length? Also, please post pictures of the base, the rust, and a few of the nose damage from an angle and a bit further away. Thanks!

*edit- are you looking to trade this for a soft boot setup, or a hard boot setup?

Edited by Unicorn Poop

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, this was my first alpine board and I have nothing but praises and accolades to be sung. I used an old burton factory prime 162 a handful of times then graduated to this. While it is aggressive and fast, with the heavy hangle plates (I'm rocking them) it's pretty decent to tame. Eats the chop better than it would otherwise which is great because not every day on the slopes is going to be perfect corduroy. I've let some friends demo the board with great success (ie. first timers) and while they weren't dragging ass, they still found the edge hard