Note to New Members ×

Paoli Peaks

lonbordin

Today we started out with -10F and a closed hill.

If the predictions hold true the high will be 41 Friday with RAIN.

Yes, RAIN Friday and Saturday!

F*#k you :AR15firinIndiana weather!

I see from the Paoli webcam their trying to add vertical to the hill via continuous snowmaking.

6 to 8' rollers everywhere. :barf:

• 1 month later...

EPIC snow today... Hero snow... squeaky... I didn't know where I was in the Universe.

It's soooo easy to get low in these conditions. Saw a softbooter with angles forward... went to say hi but he didn't seem interested, ah well.

Left him to lay down perhaps one of my best runs ever.

post-8412-141842409028_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This time of year I un-box the Osin boots and bindings and ready the 180 Lib Tech Grocer for the pond skimming contest. Well, I'm not prepping for powder! :freak3:

I'm always fascinated by these boots- Step-in, Boot has an integrated binding, 3 position forward lean, walk/ride mode, third strap. These boots lead me to hard-booting and I'm forever happy about that!

Man are they funky!

post-8412-141842411498_thumb.jpg

Edited by lonbordin
mo' info

Tomorrow's the pond skimming contest and the prize is a season pass, w00t!

Tonight was fun. Slushy yet willing to hold the edge... deeep trenches. As the night went on it firmed up... fun fun fun. They won't be able to groom out my turns!

I was using my plate on my ole Donek Behle. Turned my angles down to the minimum 50/45. So much fun...

Spelling.

Didn't win... lost by a board length to the person I beat 3 years ago. He absorbed the impact on the water entering the pit better than I did. Ah, well.

Rode hard and soft today. My how softie's suck. Next year I'm running it in my HB setup!

Really enjoying the "low" angles in the soft stuff. So. much. fun.

How soft was it? When exiting the quad lift I felt like I was back at the slosh pit!

How did 50/45 ever become low in my mindset. Gah, group think will creep up on you every time!

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for your loss. Book a flight and head up to Powder King interior northern British Columbia. We're having a PKES from April 17th to 20th might be 4 of us.:lol:

What's the nearest airport? REAL airport? OK... so it's in the middle of nowhere... OMG! I just looked at the airfare... that's not happening.

Edited by lonbordin