Note to New Members ×

Best lens/goggles for flat light?

piusthedrcarve

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2013 at 10:23 AM, piusthedrcarve said:

Thank you all for suggestions.

I think the flat light problem started when I wear Transition (photochromic) glasses. I use OTG goggles with dark lens.

The photochromic lens gets darken/ cleared by amount of UV light hits the lens. So theorically, if my goggles eliminate 100% of UV light, my transition glasses should not darken. But i noticed otherwise. I just ordered a pair of persimmon colored lens. I will try those next time and will try non-transition glasses too. Again, thanks for suggestions.

I am looking for the yellow lens from Oakley but it seems not offered for L frame tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wear contacts and Transitions goggles.

• LOL 1

So I saw some of us need a prescription... for those who dont use contact lenses, and hate the glasses inserts due to fog / lack of peripheral / whatever, goodglasses.com makes goggle style that I wear and work great as they also have "drivewear" lenses available that adapt to the light. So, at the top where it is sunny, they are dark, but as you traverse into the shade, all the divots are still visible as they change their polarization to much clearer...

CONS: These dont cover the face as much, so you had better be a weather tough faced old bird like me.

Hope this helps....

I have a really expensive pair of Smiths but actually prefer the Outdoor Master Pro which is $40 from Amazon. Spare magnetic snap-on lenses are $25 and come in about 30 different colors and light-transmission levels. The 80% VLT green lenses are similar to the old Uvex green-gold and surprisingly good in flat light, but for really flat light they have a 91% yellow. They fit well with my POC helmet and I don't have to treat them like fine china because the replacement lenses are so inexpensive