Note to New Members ×

ARL (aka Alpine Rehabilitated List) as these are positive results to report!

Algunderfoot

BHR Hip Resurfacing System:

A year and a half of breaking in my new hip joint, I am pleased to report that I am feeling as capable as ever, have all my strength back and then some, just working through the expected scar tissue and striving to get back into proper form. This was work, don't think it's not, but not too difficult when one is motivated. I had 12 days behind the boat last fall, 14 weeks after surgery, 50 days on the snowboard (albeit not pretty) last season and a full summer of waterskiing after year #1, back to full passes @ 32 off. This week I had my evaluation and approval for hip #2, going in May 8th, same prosthetic, same surgeon. Not that I couldn't wait another year, I probably could, but in the current healthcare environment both my Orthopedic and the manufacturer of this device expressed serious concerns about the availability of such devices and procedures in the near future. I have my own insurance concerns as well. My intent here is not to stir up a debate about said same environment, it is to suggest that for any of you now the fence with similar issues, who have been hesitant, this is one procedure you should seriously consider looking into. I also have 6 friends, carvers, skiers and a three tracker who have replaced knees recently and all on back on the snow and happy with their outcomes. It seems that hip and knee technology is at a point that can serve us well and allow us to maintain our active lifestyle.

Now if they could only design a shoulder........

Happy Holidays Forumites!!

<o:p> </o:p>

If your having rotator cuff issues with your wing, they can cut off some of your clavicle bone . For it to work it needs to be at least a grade 2 separation.

My shoulder would have never been the same, but it gave me some range back.............. not setting any records on the bench, but I won the keg throwing contest at Oktoba fest this year. Just sayin !

As far as the new hip goes, sounds like we had a similar procedure. I tore my labrum, and due to some nasty grinding over the years, i had some spurs that they ground down, a new socket ball, quick vacuum and done ! I missed about 2 months of mountain bike riding, and was ready for the snow 6 months later !!! Still not at 100% flexibility, maybe 85-90% flexibility, but just as strong and sturdy as my other bad hip !!!!

Now if they could only design a shoulder........

Happy Holidays Forumites!![/font][/color]

<o:p> </o:p>

Al, glad to hear its going so well. If you're clearing 32, I want a new hip!

Gonna miss you at SES

Got the guest loft open if you need a place while in California. 30 minutes to Napa, 30 minutes to SF. (Of course, that's when there's no traffic)

Scott