Note to New Members ×

Boots and bindings allow for flight carry-on?

bueller213

As long as the bag fits into the c/o dimensions allowed by the airlines, you should be GTG.

On airline based snowboard trips (as opposed to going by road), I ALWAYS carry on my snowboard boots and bindings, gloves and goggles, and check in my snowboards and outerwear in a padded and wheeled case.

My rationale is that if my board and clothing get lost, I can usually still make do at the resort destination, but the flavor of the trip declines drastically if I have to rent soft boots and bindings...

I carry boots on board, plus one days' worth of riding clothes stuffed inside them. I couldn't fit bindings in that same bag. Maybe could in the 2nd little bag, but I can probably borrow bindings and a board at NES or SES, which are my only trips.

I also wear my jacket with my mitts in the pockets. I would only need to get pants and a board to ride the first day if my board bag was delayed. Keep in mind that there's a good chance you'll have to gate-check the bigger bag if you're on a smaller plane. Keep anything that can't freeze in the little bag.

• 1 month later...