Note to New Members ×

Boston Ski/Snowboard Expo?

scrapster

Anyone ever go? Not really in the market for gear, but wondering if the lift ticket deals may be worth it...

Did some research recently on our local show (Toronto ONT.). All U.S. shows have cheaper admission but even with inflated Canadian admission price found some deals. Ticket deals come in many ways, stay focused on asking exhibitors what their deals are. Use the bag and collect the hand outs once you get back home you may discover you have some usabe information to digest at you leasure. Check the web page for your local show and check out their show specials used to attract media buzz. Don't expect to see any hardboot gear but cheap tickets and free stickers will make up for it. Have Fun !

Ive been once before. No hard boot stuff as stated. From what I remember its all crap that the local ski shops are trying to unload. If you want deals on soft boot stuff you could find some there.

The only reason I would go to the Expo is to walk a few yards down the street to "The Whiskey Priest" after checking out the vendors ect.

Want a deal on gear? Just go to North Conway, NH. Ski & snowboard liquidators. You'll save more money.

In the past I was able to score some nice on mountain condo deals for Thanksgiving weekend at places like Sunday River. However, it was a few days before and there was tons of snow. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure you can get about the same deals directly from resorts. Maybe if they have good deals for midseason it would be worth it, but I don't recall seeing that.

• 1 month later...