Note to New Members ×

Burton Asym board

mo_writer

There has been a Burton asymmetrical board on eBay for a few weeks. I've read at least one article about one happened to assymetrical boards and the difference in the riding style, but I'm wondering if there is any use for one still? I currently have two older Burtons (symmetrical), and a brand new board is probably not in my budget for a couple of more years.

• 2 weeks later...

I have serveral asym boards. I really love the old style and ride the boards as such. While I am also an advocate of the new boards and new tech, I really enjoy the old school ride several times a season. The really cool thing about asyms is the radical varied sidecuts between toe and heel edges. The burton were most famous for this. If you pcik one up under 150 -200 in good shape, it can be a lot of fun. But this is probably not for everyone to ride like this.

Cheers

Lamberto

If it's an old M6, Buy it! I Have one and it was by far one of the best all mountain boards I ever used. It worked awesome in the deep western pow with its wide nose, was soft for turning in the crud, and had some stiffness to make decent carves on the groomed runs. Simply a great all-around board which they don't make anymore. Too bad. Good luck.

I have several Asym Burtons and they do have their place. They stopped making them a while ago so the tech is getting pretty old. They were good boards for the time. I still like the way the cut is differnt on toe/heel and the shift in cg required to ride agressively. I like my M6, but it's pretty soft for me (250 lb). If you can get one affordably priced they are a good way to get started.

Dealers hated them - twice as many sku's for an already tiny market made them a rare item to see on the shelf at all, especially for us Goofy riders.