Note to New Members ×

Catek/intec heel receivers wanted

They're definitely drying up.

I already have a set of toe bails.

Do you know anything that would be compatible of the same quality?

Parts

like catek heel receivers seem to be drying up. If your search fails I have parts to convert to toe bales.

They're definitely drying up.

I already have a set of toe bails.

Do you know anything that would be compatible of the same quality?

Many are adverse to modifications but if you have access to a milling machine you could change the screw slots on a fintec heel receiver to fit catek spacing.

Many are adverse to modifications but if you have access to a milling machine you could change the screw slots on a fintec heel receiver to fit catek spacing.

That may be last resort.

Until the snow flies I'll keep trying

To find some originals.

Thanks for the input.

That may be last resort.

Until the snow flies I'll keep trying

To find some originals.

Thanks for the input.

I think I might have some close to new heel recievers, but based on supply and demand, they wouldnt go cheap. I would want to come close to covering the cost of the steel recievers from Bomber ($49).

If you might be interested, I will go digging.

Alright,

Found three pairs in the box of various conditions.

Pair 1: These have been retired as they picked up more "slop" than I deemed acceptable for my riding. Likely still safe and usable, just not up to my standards. Would not "give these away" as they still serve as a good loaner or back up pair.

Pair 2: These were retired from active service while still in usable condition after a year or so of use. I lucked out and found a pair of the steel Bomber heel recievers from that elusive run that Fin made which were compatible with Cateks.

Pair 3 (SOLD): These are as close as they come to new. They have less than a day on them of actuall riding. As stated above, I would need to be able to cover the cost of another pair of the Bomber Steel heel receivers ($49) to want to let these go.

On a related note, I just spoke to my machinest who modifies my Bomber Steel heel recievers to fit my cateks. He is willing to do the mod for $50 (you send him the Bomber receivers and $50+Shipping) and you receive a superior set of heel receivers to what I shared above. Fins new receivers are so good, that they are likely the last pair you will EVER need.

post-236-141842395731_thumb.jpg

Edited by ~tb

Todd, can you post a photo of the modded steel receivers?

Thanks, Bryan

Only for you Bryan. . .

This pair was NOT done by the particular machinest, but the modification(s) match these.

Whole Binding

post-236-141842397218_thumb.jpg

Close-Up

post-236-141842397221_thumb.jpg

Disassembled

post-236-141842397224_thumb.jpg

These started life as these parts from Fin @ Bomber. . . Thanks Fin!

http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/TD3-Step-in-Heel-Replacement-Kit_p_30.html