Note to New Members ×

Kessler "Cross"

hermes45

No, I have not ask extremecarving.com because it´s only oriented "Swoard"... For the Cross, on the web site Kessler, it say that this board is very good to carving and too with softboot !!! If the Dual is good for carving, I think that Kessler too ??

Edited by hermes45

There's a guy on extremecarving.com who rode both brands but on the hardboot side (Kessler The Alpine / Swoard Extremecarver), you can try a search there.

The Swoard team tested Kessler boards but didn't leave any comment about their riding experience on them.

Don't forget Extremecarving.com isn't exactly a carving community but a Swoard dedicated community, it will help understanding some comments about other brands there.

Just a simple answer:

Kessler The Cross is not usefull for carving and worse on carving with softboots.

You can buy China-Made labels which are way better for carving and less then the half price.

Kessler The Cross was built for FIS SBX (Snowboard-Cross) events and nothing else!

2376.jpg

Course of SBX World-Championchips 2013 shows you what for Kessler The Cross is good and performing best.

You will find only 5 turns on a 1.0 km lenght of a course.

All the 5 turns have been done on banked corners, so no carving is need.

Ask Swoard how many turns they do with X-treme carving boards on a downhill lenght of 1000 m.

Ask them if they do it on banked corners, or where else.

Make then Your decision which board You want to ride!

(If You like to follow your skiing buddy from Grand Montet 3275m down to Argentiere 1250m at Chamonix without any stops, You should take Kessler The Cross, maybe Kessler The Ride, which is softer)

Edited by snowmatic

For Snowmatic,

Thank´s very much for your answer. If the Kessler Cross is not good for the carving, why the Sword Dual will be good ? Those twoo boards are very similar... (perhaps that flex of the Kessler is more hard than Swoard Dual...) More, on the web site of Kessler, the Cross is very good and easy with softboot....:rolleyes:

Edited by hermes45

Those twoo boards are very similar...

They would be very different boards, I guess...

At 168 length, Dual is 10m radial cut, Kessler something like 10-16m variable cut. I didn't ride either of those, but I have Kessler Bx 168 (built narrow for h/boots) and have ridden Swoard 168H. Swoard wants to lock in and rail. Kessler accelerates through turn and wants to shoot out. I can EC on both. Kessler is more versatile but I'm always scared that I'll brake it or bend it (titanal).

In the case of Dual and Kessler, I'd imagine that Dual could be more versatile...

To say that BX board is not usefull for crving is a bit of overstatement.

Please, have a look at tech specs of those boards, The Cross and Dual.

You'll see that, on the paper, they don't share that much caracteristics, decambered vs classic camber, variable cut vs radial cut, titanal vs glass + carbon, low and short tip and tail vs classic tip and tail.

There's a part of marketing in the way they tell you what those boards are built for and you won't go to hell if you try carving with the Kessler or BX with the Dual.

You have ridden a SWOARD EC and me, I compare a Cross Kessler 163 with a Swoard Dual 163 (all the Dual have the same flex, not S,M,H,XH) !!!

I can only offer you what I can... Take it or leave it.

As pegtal suggested, look at the specs and shapes, you'll understand that they are quite different boards.

Lot of riders ride on a Swoard Dual for the BX and there are not much differences on the specs about Dual 163 and Kessler Cross 163....

I am not aware of anyone riding Dual on the WC...

Yeah, many use skis for cross, so they must be really similar to motorbikes.

Lot of riders ride on a Swoard Dual for the BX and there are not much differences on the specs about Dual 163 and Kessler Cross 163....

Well, ok, anyway.

Since nobody can compare riding experiences for those two boards, you should try them both, to make your own opinion.

There are test sessions for Swoard boards, but it will be much more difficult for Kessler.

Edited by pegtal