Note to New Members ×

How I Spent My Summer Vacation!! 2013

Nice 'stang! Reminds me of my first car, a 68 Chevy.

I now drive E30s as I'm a big BMW fan and consider these the greatest cars ever built. My summer vacation is going to consist of polishing my sedan and fixing the suspension problems its got, and the other is my daily driver, a touring that's big to-do list: rust repairs, repainting, getting the interior into brand new condition and then.. dum de dum dum, swapping in a 3.0L I6 with 240hp :)

Just a quick preview

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

Old German cars ftw!

I'll be working on my 1991 VW GTI.

Just a 1.8 8v. Nothing fancy.

Only big mod are some raceland coilovers.

Next is body work and paint.

Hoping to do a VR6 swap eventually, maybe with forced induction, roll cage, and big brakes.

post-7736-141842393417_thumb.jpg

post-7736-141842393409_thumb.jpg

post-7736-141842393414_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arclite

• 2 weeks later...

Benntech love the BMWs...I sold 2 e28s last year...both were M535i, one automatic and the other manual with a dog-leg gearbox, beautiful sound from the engine:-

Anyway I didn't really expect to read about motors here..I thought you'd all be talking about knitting next year's onesie!!

Currently, i am living in a bomb site, as I have demolished two rooms in my wee hoose...so my summer project is: sorting out damp, insulating, new plaster board walls, electrics, kitchen, sink etc. my hoose is currently choc a bloc with materials...it really is a hobby I quite enjoy doing this stuff and take my time:-)

FloBoot , sounds very cool. Your post needs photos PLEASE :)

Electrical Inspector just left, passed the "Final" on the electrical. Now I just need about a dozen more "Finals" and I can move in!! Getting pretty excited.

My "Mini-Ductless" has had some failures. They tell me that is quite rare, guess I am lucky? Main printed circuit board failed =1000$ shop cost. Leak in a filter dryer of one of the indoor heads leaked, had to purge , repair and draw down the system = half a days work at 100$ per hour. Sure glad both were on warranty!!! Let's hope it is now ready for the warm season.

There is allot that won't get done before final but it will be officially done soon I hope. (flooring, trim, cabinets)

I need the space and this project has taken it's time and a toll.

After all it is almost summer and I have a hot rod to work on now. :eplus2:

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Oldsnowboards,, were you the one who posted pics last summer r your massive renovation..new framework, walls etc? As I couldn't find the thread..i'm interested in an update:-)

Btw what is mini ductless? What does the circuit board control?

I am going to install a solar DC circuit to power up small devices, including lighting but I'll also be leaving the usual AC lighting circuit...i'm quite exited about this as I've not done it before and I've been reading up on bits over the past year...

I've done a much bigger renovation before (learn as I go)..anyway here's

a couple of pics, tried uploading video but didn't work...the one with the cat is half of the delivery of plasterboard (soundbloc)..the other sheets are in the hall...the other Pics is obviously after I had taken cupboards, cooker, work surface out etc and taken down one of the internal walls..I have since then put then new plasterboard up on one wall and this weekend will be doing more.

post-11592-141842393513_thumb.jpg

Btw there are many hot-rod fans over here in UK, what engine size is it?

I suppose I can always add that I do currently own another car that has a 5.8 litre Chevy v8 fitted..would that be about the size of the hot-rod?

post-11592-14184239351_thumb.jpg

Edited by floBoot

Hi FloBoot

Thanks for the photos! Here is a link to the thread mentioned.

The "Mini Ductless Heat Pump" is basically a heat pump without ductwork to move the air from a more centralized fan to the spaces. Indoor wall units hang on the wall and transfer heat via the refrigerant only to an out door unit. The loss of heat in the ductwork is eliminated therefore reducing lost energy.

The circuit board is a rather large printed circuit board that has allot of the controls and logic mounted on it in the outdoor unit.

My Mustang has a 351 cubic inch Windsor model engine.

Can you upload your video to You-Tube and then either link or embed the video?

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

• 2 months later...

I built my 4th skin-on-frame kayak. This latest one is in the style of a South Greenland Qajaq. It's 18.5' long x 18.75" beam, and 27#'s. Traditional construction methods (pegs and lashings) hold it together with no modern fasteners. I'm trying to log as much time upside down on the water as I can. DSC_0229a_zps699dda66.jpgto q_zps29225040.jpg Q3_zps8cb41a29.jpg <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/37_vGzaPWTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>