Note to New Members ×

Head Stratus and calf size

AgassizSkidder

Does anyone with a larger calf size have experience with the Head Startus Pro versus the UPZ RC10? My wife is purchasing her first pair of boots and always runs into this problem with regular boots. I am strongly leaning towards the Heads because they have a lower cuff but I thought I would reach out for opinions before pulling the trigger.

Thank you for the advice. Hers is a wider foot with narrow heel. Based on that alone I would go with the UPZ. Unfortunately a good boot fitter is a couple hours away for us and I would be ordering the boots online. I am hoping there is someone out there that has had opportunity to compare both boots.

My measurements indicated the Head fits a larger calf than the UPZ, while Deeluxe fits the largest calf. In terms of heel width they go Deeluxe, Head, UPZ from widest to narrowest.

UPZ boots have extra holes on the uppers to move the buckles to accommodate a larger calf, and I have seen them comfortably worn by a dude with large legs. If possible, have your wife try on both Head and UPZ and see which one fits her best. If you can afford it, buy both and return the one she doesn't want.

Zoltan, That is perfect. Thank you for the info and getting me off this fence. I am going for the heads because they have the most checks in the positive column.

Regardless of how many checks it has in the positive column, THE most important thing is it fit her foot well.