Note to New Members ×

Steamboat

Grand Junction Carver

Was up in Steamboat yesterday for my daughter's High School Tennis matches agains Aspen and Steamboat. Got away for a few runs (Best runs were High Noon and Buddy's Run) but was extremely crowded. Almost got hit by some soft booters. I did not see one alpine board. Great Mountain though! Below is a pic on the High Noon run at high noon!

post-10948-141842391751_thumb.jpg

Beautiful Shot...here in Aspen it is the Skiers and Boarders who Straightline that cause the problem...not the Boots :biggthump

You're right softbootsailer, I didn't mean to imply that it was the boots but that it was a snowboarder who was rocketing straight down right when I was half way into my heelside carve. Although I was downhill of him, he said it was my fault because I wasn't looking for him. As you all know when you start a heelside carve you start rotating & looking uphill (to my left), but he came in from the opposite side (my right) so there was no way I could be looking that direction unless I was demonically possessed (Linda Blair in the Exorcist). Again, I apologize, I look forward to getting some bomber plates to try out my softboot carving skills one of these days, it just may be a while since I just purchased a pair of Deluxxe 700s.

Your Fault Eh ? so instead of following the Code he implies that everyone needs to constantly look up hill while they are going downhill so as not to be rear ended by him...I actually tackled a Boarder last year after he runs into me and says I should be thrown off the mountain for the back and forth turns I was doing, there was a Patrolman about 100 ft. away that came over and explained the Code to Him and he sheepishly apologized...it happens at least once or twice a year and I always say

lets go talk to the Patrol about what Downhill Skier or Boarder means...of course there are those and your incident is probably one, that whatever happens, it is not their fault and the Code is for everyone else but them...Have a Great Summer :biggthump

Happens to me too!!! I get that same argument about me being in their way. Last guy to hit me hit and ran so I chased him down. He stopped around a corner and didn't see me coming. I finishing with a big toe side carve stopping right behind his heels. My forearm released his bindings as I gently pushed his knees forward. As he yelled at me about the code I let him know his ski would be right under the sign so he could review. Funny, everyone in the lift line had something to share with this individual.

Missed you! Let me know next time you're in the 'boat!

Sorry I missed you as well (was with a couple of skiier friends). I did look up in the old Carver's Alamanac where it listed you as the Steamboat ambassador and where it was suggested that Buddy's and High Noon as some of the better carving runs. They were great!!