Note to New Members ×

Why can't I ride like this? :)

patmoore

Thanks - great video! Unbelievable recovery by Walder up top, but his strategy was awful at the bottom of the first run - he'd managed to smooth his way back into contention and clearly had an advantage in the flats where he was better able to accelerate out of the turn, but then he went too low instead of consolidating his gains, and took a 1.5 disadvantage instead of the .3 he could have had. Prommegger makes a gorgeous transition into his turns, dosn't he? So many of these guys are jump and jam but he looks like a freecarver half the time....Looks like Walder is in step-ins?

Thanks for posting the videos. I heard the course was about twice as long as the typical WC and it was about 60 degrees F. People that made it into finals were very tired at the end. The PSL the following day was cancelled after the first few runs due to poor snow conditions. Next WC is a PSL with pro-jumps in Red Square, Moscow on a giant ramp at night this weekend.

Well, as your Nastar handicap on skis is 4 or 5...you obviously understand how to carve a ski

But your Snowboard Nastar handicap is 30-40, I'd venture to guess yer still using bindings flat on the board(no cant or lift).

These guys are on F2's with 2-3-4 1/2" risers under the heel of the rear foot and 1-2-3 1/2" risers under the toe of the front foot, the're setting up their bindings to allow their bodies to get into the position needed to get the board on edge and have their body "low" enough to weight the edge correctly,(imho,ymmv) so if you get "setup" correctly you can start to work on technique.

Hi Ursle! Good to hear from you. All but one of my runs this season have been on a short (154 cm) board that I keep in the start shack. It has flat mounted Burton Race Plates. I use Dalbello Krypton Cross boots for my pacesetting on skis and just use them on the board with the top buckle undone. My GS board which I'll take to the Nationals does have F2s with the front toe and rear heel raised. I tried the Gizmo last year but don't have a plate at present.

I was being partly facetious in posing the question. No way I'll ever be able to ride like those guys but it sure is fun to watch them.

Awesome !!!

Pat I wouldn't sell yourself short, I'm sure these two guys will be a little slower once they are in there late 60's also. Keep truckin buddy !!!!!

P.S thank god the F.I.S rules are different that the USASA rules, crossing the finish line without you boot in the binding, would have been an 800 point , oooooops !!!!!

Awesome !!!

Pat I wouldn't sell yourself short, I'm sure these two guys will be a little slower once they are in there late 60's also. Keep truckin buddy !!!!!

Thanks! The one run I made on my Volkl this year went well. It was at the Eastern Championships and the pacesetter was AJ Kitt. The overall championship was an adjusted calculation and encompassed both skiers and boarders. It went far better than I hoped. Winning it got me free registration (skiing and boarding) and lift tickets at the Nationals in Snowmass next month.

346aykn.jpg

1dzkg2.jpg

The PSL the following day was cancelled after the first few runs due to poor snow conditions.

They will do it similar on Olympic Games 2014? (Switching than to Moscow, because poor snow conditions)

Why can't I ride like this?

About what You are asking? About skiing with a snowboard, or skiing by a snowboard.

It's up to the volks, to consider that snowboards can be riden like snowboards too!

ISF GS World Series Chamrousse, one of about 170 competitors (maybe DK, Jeremy Jones runs that time on Rossi's):

image.php?id=AF91_5128BC21&jpg

and

Giant slalom gate trainings on Austrian Glaciers (must be Kaunertal, I ripped that hill behind by swallow at KTO)

image.php?id=817D_5128BC21&jpg

You know, hardbooting can be funsports, it's just not that type of sports, what FIS want let us to know!