Note to New Members ×

Big White, end of Feb

Guest peterk

Guest peterk

Timberline... ok.

Last time I was there -- I have this unforgettable memory -- a skier out of control going straight down the hill and running into a boarder friend who had stopped and was talking to me.

Look for either an orange based Forum freeride or a white based stuf carving board (gray jacket, dark gray pants).

Originally posted by ARCrider

hey sean

if you've got the room I could easily be convinced to do two days at sunpeaks. never been there. any recommendations for discounted tickets

I'll probably meet you in Aspen. this Kelowna trip was unexpected

cool- look forward to meeting you at Aspen. If I can't get up to Sun Peaks end of Feb I am absolutely going to be there mid March. I believe I can get extra tix thru the fellow who rents our place out- good for a few bucks off.

-Sean

Well, we're closing in the details (and the seat sales that are on right now make it look really good!).

Meanwhile, back in Ontario we desperately need snow... I lost count of how many times I lost an edge on pure ice yesterday.... can you folks out west send us some white thoughts? At least until we can get out there.

Hey Arcrider---the conditions at the star are unreal---best year in a while for snow---we got PUKED ON LAST WEEK!!!!!...let me know when your going to be up--im usually found carving by myself--not many carvers at the Star(good thing---luv it).....during the week the hill is empty (if you go to coopers foods they have discounted lift tickets for mon -fr for 49 instead of 60)

maybe we can hook up for a day of carving

cheers

KS:D

Just booked our flights, Andrea and I fly to Kelowna on Saturday (2/26) and return the following Sat (3/05)... both direct flights and an unreal price, looking good so far!

I still need the definitive coin toss to decide which slope... both SS and BW have got lots of votes.

News as it happens, film at 11

Hey guys if you have soft setups or powder boards --BRING EM-----i havent been on the coiler much this year---not cause i havent wanted to---its been dumping here like crazy this year---lots of POW DAYS:D

lets hook up for some runs ill show ya the local stashes---but it will cost ya in the saloon later;)

I was at Big White last Xmas and in three days, didn't tire of carving and riding there at all. I'm an intermediate carver and like you, I love the greens and easy blues, and had a great time there. I was going to go to Silver Star but ran out of legs. :)

There was a thread on the Okanagan hills last year at this time - I don't know how to link it but search for "Kelowna carving" - there's some good advice on there.

Some of the package deals for these hills from TO are amazing - half your luck! Have fun!