Note to New Members ×

Burton Race step-in (rat trap)

breeseomatic

*** SOLD ***

I bought these from a fellow member and they work great, I am just selling because I found some regular Burton Race bindings. I rode one and a half days in these and they work really nice. I replaced the step-in springs and everything works fine. Here is the original ad. I just want to get my money back, $90 shipped to your door in the lower 48, PayPal preferred.

8475248418_b42bb875d5_z.jpg

8475247470_e71801f679_z.jpg

8475246534_17bc735df7_z.jpg

8474157347_2df1c6fa82_z.jpg

Edited by breesej
sold

I'm very interested. How do they work?

Basically you just step down and they clip in. Make sure the lever moves all the way forward and you are secure. To release, you flip the lever back and step out. It's a very nice system. Someone contacted my privately before your reply, so I am giving him first crack, I'll keep the thread updated if the other person bails out.

I've used these and they are quite solid. The mechanism under the plastic cover on the heel pad is pretty beefy metal. You put your toe in first, then step down on the heel which causes the little release lever on the side to rotate forward, and at the same time rotates and tightens the heel bail forward. Stepping in is really nice with these once you adjust them just right.

The only issue I had with these is it can be a little tough to release them. That little lever on the side takes some force to pull up to the released position, and it's positioned right up close to the side of the boot. Due to chronic cold fingers, I often wear mittens and found I couldn't get enough grip on the lever to release the binding, especially if my fingers were cold and stiff. I'd say if you have reasonably strong hands and/or wear gloves, you can release them fine. But if you have a wimpy, girly grip like me and/or mittens, you might find it tough to release them. One note - on the tiny hill I ride, I have to get in and out of my bindings often, probably 60-80 times a day. So I had to spend a lot of time working that release lever.

I would like to purchase these bindings. Could you please message me your paypal info

I've used these and they are quite solid. The mechanism under the plastic cover on the heel pad is pretty beefy metal. You put your toe in first, then step down on the heel which causes the little release lever on the side to rotate forward, and at the same time rotates and tightens the heel bail forward. Stepping in is really nice with these once you adjust them just right.

The only issue I had with these is it can be a little tough to release them. That little lever on the side takes some force to pull up to the released position, and it's positioned right up close to the side of the boot. Due to chronic cold fingers, I often wear mittens and found I couldn't get enough grip on the lever to release the binding, especially if my fingers were cold and stiff. I'd say if you have reasonably strong hands and/or wear gloves, you can release them fine. But if you have a wimpy, girly grip like me and/or mittens, you might find it tough to release them. One note - on the tiny hill I ride, I have to get in and out of my bindings often, probably 60-80 times a day. So I had to spend a lot of time working that release lever.

If these are still available I want them

email me and I will get right back to you

neanderthol (at) mac dot com

I bought these from a fellow member and they work great, I am just selling because I found some regular Burton Race bindings. I rode one and a half days in these and they work really nice. I replaced the step-in springs and everything works fine. Here is the original ad. I just want to get my money back, $90 shipped to your door in the lower 48, PayPal preferred.

8475248418_b42bb875d5_z.jpg

8475247470_e71801f679_z.jpg

8475246534_17bc735df7_z.jpg

8474157347_2df1c6fa82_z.jpg