Note to New Members ×

Steep/wide/groomed runs somewhere at SES?

Corey

Are there any steep black diamond & wide(-ish) & groomed runs to be found during SES? I found Suzy Q (groomed one day!) at Highlands last year, but it's a bugger to get to and usually isn't groomed. Ruthies at Ajax is nice, looking for steeper. Doesn't have to be 2000 vertical feet of death, even a shorter steep pitch on an otherwise mellow run is fine to play on. Going up to the top of Highlands confirmed that I really don't like black mogul runs on a 182 board... LOL!

I want to push my limits a bit, haven't found anything matching the above criteria in previous trips. Not sliding to my death if/when I fall is a definite bonus.

Easy: Aztec at Ajax.

Crazy steep and wide enough to just stay out of trouble. It is just to the left as you get near the Rosie's Run Chair. Crap shoot if it is groomed though. If it is, it has historically been the "carve of manhood" run.

Hmm, that made things just a little too real. Oh my. Well, I know what run I'll be trying after First Tracks!

It looks like you pop out below Ruthie's chair. That sucks. Hopefully there's a shortcut to let you get back on it without going to the bottom again.

At Snowmass: Slot. Love the pitch, when it is groomed it is real fast. A few pitchhes on The Edge.

Ajax: Ruthies is about as good as it gets.

Buttermilk: Racer's Edge has some fun, fast pitches.