Note to New Members ×

Donek Phoenix 170

I called Sean at Donek last Monday and ordered this board, it showed up Tuesday of this week to my surprise. I decided on the Phoenix because I currently have a 175 Incline that is fun but a bit cumbersome in the trees and at lower speeds. I told him that I was going to ride TD3's on it so he built the board with a poplar/ash core which is standard on the Incline instead of the poplar/aspen core which is standard on the Phoenix. This thing is a blast! Yesterday was nasty and icy and it did okay, but handled kind of weird. I brought it home and detuned the tip and tail, gave it a 2nd coat of wax and took it back up today. We had 2" last night and I was able to do some trees and a lot of groomers. The shorter sidecut took some getting used to but I was able to lay it over on quite a few turns as well as pop some airs that were larger than expected. I went with the Captain America graphic which has a cool fade effect on the tip and tail that doesn't show on the website. I would recommend this board design to anyone who is looking for a fun free ride that can actually lay down some turns on hard pack.

Specs:

170 cm

24.3 waist

8.9 scr