Note to New Members ×

Anyone else ride motorcycles?

Unicorn Poop

The first shot is of my beloved ZZR1200 about an hour after Bambi stepped out in front of it. July 2011.

The bike and I have since been rebuilt, but nowadays I seem to spend more of my time on the KLR 650. I used to think that was a Big Dual Sport until I saw the pic of dingbat's bike above:)

Others in the garage:

04 RC 51`

06 RMZ 250

'69 BMW R65

78 suzuki GS750

post-520-141842382139_thumb.jpg

post-520-141842382141_thumb.jpg

Maybe we can coordinate a big bike scramble when thing dry up after the spring. Nothing my Pilot Road 2s can't handle though o.k.?;)

There's something exciting about having a 450# bike at a 45^ angle to the trail up hill of you while you're dabbing with your down hill foot and the rear tire is still under power trying to clear the front from the rut it's funneled in to, and you're thinking "I can not, will not, drop this bike here with the rubber up hill of me", but I'd rather avoid it if possible.:D

Small world, huh? At first I could'nt believe that you knew that I know Tom. Then I remembered everybody who raced, especially when you did, in the Portland area knows him. I'm a part-time control rider for Tom and Al. And my wife, who rides also, does work on their internet stuff.

12's is fast. My best is in the 17's, but we didnt start riding the track until a few years ago and I'm only a couple years younger than you. And I'm slow!!!

Tom says to say hi back to ya. And he said that he seems to remember you raving about how good the brakes were on his ZX9? And BTW, he broke the cam on that same bike the last track day of the year, 1/2 way down the straight at PIR. One of the strangest sights I've ever seen is him riding bitch with Al back into the pits...

You guys should stop by the House of Oldsnowboards for a beer or three before Don returns to Denver . Funny, Fred was just here the other day and I rode with Don yesterday. It is a small world :)

Me, I mostly owned dirt bikes. Husky 250cc motocross used as a ripper / ISDE , First year Honda Elsinor 250cc , Honda SL 175cm , Honda 50 :)

Borrow any bike anyone will be kind enough to loan. Completely understand why most don't :) Been fortunate that a few friends have nice quivers.