Note to New Members ×

Where does everyone get their carving gear from?

ezzywave

Hello all! After a few years of only being able to get to the mountain once or twice a year, I'm ready to hit it harder. So I'm trying to upgrade my old bindings (Burton) and even older boots (Oxygen). I assume there are no local shops in the Portland area anymore???

I see that Bomber is out of stock of the TD3's.

Any recommendations?

You'll get support on here... there are quite a few members in the Portland area.... (sorry, not me... I'm in Montana and ride in Idaho!) Where do we get gear? online.... ebay.... bomber... if you're lucky enough to get a custom board, you'll get info on that here... talk to www.oldsnowboards.com (that's his member name here too!) He's in that area and can certainly help you find gear. Won't you, Bryan? Where are you planning on riding? Look on here on the ride board for people.... it's a relatively small and tight knit community... I bet anyone would help you find what you need... Look on the wanted and for sale pages here too!

Kinpa statements are all correct. Asking other hardbooters what gear they have for sale also works. Might also mention demo some gear to. At Whistler prior has demos in Colorado bomber has some demo gear along with donek. We will have demo boards at our NICE carve event along with some clinics for beginners and advanced riders. Its always great to try before you buy. Good luck!

Hi Ezzy!! Welcome (back) to Bomber Online!

I live in Vancouver, WA. If I can help. Please contact me through the PM system here and that way I can email you my phone number. Good bunch of folks here at BOL, everyone is helpful and anxious to see other alpine riders have fun.

Bryan

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Thanks for the responses everyone. I am looking for some Trench Digger 3's or maybe the Catek's. I am leary of the plastic toe "clamp" on others, like the Burtons I am currently using. And a pair of size 9 (27? mondo) that are reatively modern. Anybody know someone who is trying to sell any such gear?

BTW, I have a old Mistral Sonic 167 and an Oxygen Slalom 159, I think.

I am pleasantly suprised to find you guys on here. In 15 years of hardbooting at Mt. Hood I have seen a total of maybe 6 others. But I usually would go at night, since I had to buy 4 tickets (family). Now that I don't have to pay for the kids anymore, I am hoping to make it up during the day more often.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I am looking for some Trench Digger 3's or maybe the Catek's. I am leary of the plastic toe "clamp" on others, like the Burtons I am currently using. And a pair of size 9 (27? mondo) that are reatively modern. Anybody know someone who is trying to sell any such gear?

BTW, I have a old Mistral Sonic 167 and an Oxygen Slalom 159, I think.

I am pleasantly suprised to find you guys on here. In 15 years of hardbooting at Mt. Hood I have seen a total of maybe 6 others. But I usually would go at night, since I had to buy 4 tickets (family). Now that I don't have to pay for the kids anymore, I am hoping to make it up during the day more often.

Hi Ezzy. I have not received an email or PM from you yet. Safe to say I have any of the bindings you seek. I don't think I have the boot size you are looking for.

Bryan

Hi Ezzy, welcome! I'm a daytime weekend rider, so I wouldn't have crossed paths with you in the past -- maybe that will change now. I don't have any boots for sale, but I'm riding 27.0 Raichle AF700s that you're welcome to try on for size if you like. I'll probably be up at Meadows on either the 29th or 30th; let me know if you're interested and available to meet up.

Good meeting you Fred!! Glad you got a chance to come by. I think you will be really happy with the gear we talked about tonight. Sorry about Leo using you as a leaning post :) I have a couple boards I think you will like too. You will fit right in with the great group of alpine riders in the area.

Bryan