Note to New Members ×

Base Grind - Is this Normal?

GAK

Greg, call Mike DeSantis at SkiMD, there is no way he'll have your board for a week. His usual turnaround is a week.

Right, its a week turnaround. But, Greg is in Canada and getting that board through customs could be a few days in each direction. I'd say a week or so each way for shipping at a minimum, plus the 1 week turnaround... so ~1 month

Mark,

The Speed Factory is still in Campton. It is in the barn on the road behind the original building. I just had him do a repair on my Coiler SL board and it came out fantastic.

Thanks Glenn. Do they still carry Dominator waxes? Looking to pick up some of that graphite base renew wax.

Benntech said"... Yea, because everyone just sits around all day hoping to get their equipment ruined in order to "flame" (it's called feedback, not flaming) some ski/board shop, and then sit back and say "well, theyre the only game in town so I'll just take it up the butt". Get real. What's with Americans always pushing the "give em a second chance", "they were having a bad day," "work together and be merry" BS, as it's getting boring.

I pay you for a job you better deliver. I'd expect not only full compensation to have the board repaired by someone like SkiMD including shipping and packaging, but compensation for your time and the lost value of the board (in terms of edge/base life)..."

I'm pretty much with your view on this one.

I'm in a similar situation with a local tradesman, whose work on my house has come undone and falling apart...he's ignored all contact i've made with him...

:rolleyes:

I've got a nice new year surprise for him...he will receive a `last chance saloon `letter..letting him know I'm taking him to court as my next action.:lol:

...if this does go to court I'll be contacting the local press...I'll also see what local Web sites I can add feedback onto as well..

Anyway, hope you get things sorted to your satisfaction...:)

Edited by floBoot