Note to New Members ×

snow stix, f2 conshox or vist plate

srodeo

• 2 weeks later...

How committed are you to this endeavor? I have a 24-7 with a "tinkler" style plate on it that could be harvested. Would require you to t-nut whatever it is going on. I bought it to screw around with, but the lower board was in worse condition than advertised but got it at deep enough discount that I didn't feel like doing anything about it

If interested can take pictures and dimensions.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?38592-Making-board-stiffer&p=386743#post386743

First:

What board are we talking about?

What is your weight?

Gone through this process a number of times. It almost always ends up with the rider buying a more appropriate snowboard.

Questions?

Is it worth drilling and installing inserts in the board?

Buying snowstix and or a plate (we are talking about potentially hundreds of dollars.

Do you mind adding weight to your board?

If you provide better details , BOL'ers can provide better advice.

How committed are you to this endeavor? I have a 24-7 with a "tinkler" style plate on it that could be harvested. Would require you to t-nut whatever it is going on. I bought it to screw around with, but the lower board was in worse condition than advertised but got it at deep enough discount that I didn't feel like doing anything about it

If interested can take pictures and dimensions.

Good , fair question Todd.

He posed a similar question two weeks ago.

I don't think he liked my answering with a question.

Frankly , my guess is this is another waste of good BOL members time. Feel free to gum this to death though.

sorry i thought i posted answer to your question. I remember typing them. Dunno what happened to it.

Board i have is Donek Saber.

I weigh 250lbs. I only really feel that it is soft between the bindings (probably have to do with wider stands)

When i ride it with narrower stands it does not feel as soft.

I thought maybe some of the plates may add some stiffness and since plates go in the middle of the board, it may only stiffen up the middle.

I thought depending on how much the plate is it may be worth trying before going out and ordering new board.

thanks for all the responses

sorry i thought i posted answer to your question. I remember typing them. Dunno what happened to it.

Board i have is Donek Saber.

I weigh 250lbs. I only really feel that it is soft between the bindings (probably have to do with wider stands)

When i ride it with narrower stands it does not feel as soft.

I thought maybe some of the plates may add some stiffness and since plates go in the middle of the board, it may only stiffen up the middle.

I thought depending on how much the plate is it may be worth trying before going out and ordering new board.

thanks for all the responses

Photos of plate/board below. The upper plate is the black carbon portion. The lower board is the white part.

Yes, this plate is designed to stiffen the board and even increase camber. to use it, you would need to add 6 inserts to the board to mount it. The widest possible stance with a pair of bombers would be about 19.5 or 19.75".

I WOULD NOT DO THIS TO A SABER. Sell the saber and either have another one made now that you know what you dislike about it.

Anyone who wants to buy the upper plate for a DIY plate project, please let me know.

post-236-141842379075_thumb.jpg

post-236-141842379073_thumb.jpg