Note to New Members ×

Silberpfiel, Kessler, Rossi.

GeorgeS

Boards only, you pay shipping, local pickup welcome.

F2 Silberpfiel 168 $250

Good condition with one small nick in the nose and a 1 small coreshot repair(see pics).

Kessler 180 $350

Made for a 135lb rider. It seemed to be better for a 150lb rider than a 125lb rider(me). Great base with one small nick(see pic). Thin edges.

Rossi 156 Dualtech $100

Great condition used about 4 times.

post-4052-141842377093_thumb.jpg

F2

post-4052-141842377096_thumb.jpg

Kessler

post-4052-1418423771_thumb.jpg

Thinking about getting the Rossi for my dad, great skier, had him on my alpine board a few times last year, seemed to pick it up quite fast, would this be a good board for an older guy, beginner?

I think it's a good beginner board. You may not want to pay too much on a first board.

As long as he's in the weight range for it. At 125 I'm probably too light for it.

PM me if you want more pics or info.

Hi Darren

Good to hear from you. Yeah you need a Rossi 192.

Hey Lance

Every time my wife goes in the den she sees 5 boards and says " why don't

you sell some of these". That's why the rest of them are scattered around the rest

of the house and garage!

Want to go to MM Friday? May do a 1 day trip .

• 3 weeks later...

hey there

I've read that the F2 Silberpfiel has a nose that "tends to hook and requires more skill to ride." True? What's your experience with this board? I've just switched to hard boots and am figuring out the mystery of carving. Have Boris's old SG Cult as an AM board but would like to try a pure carver. Is this board okay for a relative beginner? Whadya think? Thanks Brad

I've read that the F2 Silberpfiel has a nose that "tends to hook and requires more skill to ride." True? What's your experience with this board? I've just switched to hard boots and am figuring out the mystery of carving. Have Boris's old SG Cult as an AM board but would like to try a pure carver. Is this board okay for a relative beginner? Whadya think?

Nice boards, the Silbers... Not hard to ride - tip and rip type of board, especially those before the 2011/2012 redesign. Yes, they kinda lock into the turn, but isn't that what we want on hero snow? :D The only possible downside I can think of is the narrowish waist. But your boot size is not too big, right?

Hey Blue! Thanks for info! Feedback much appreciated. Feet are size 10. How narrow is "narrowish?"

Snow out here in Northeast has been iffy. Not good for the Cult so far, although I really like the board, the little I've been able to ride it. That nose just skims right along nicely over crap slush, crud.

Still working out hard boot fit--takes a lot of tinkering!

Went to Snopro on front foot and step in/Intec on back because getting into the rear bail drove me INSANE. Leaves me one more binding "pair" for another board.

Carving is still a big mystery, but I'm working on it amidst much hill traffic and bumps/ice with my Oxygen 158 with soft boot setup with 3/4" risers. Occasionally I do something right and the board makes the turn on edge!

Going out to Utah soon so want to bring along a freecarve for the wide open groomers out there. That's why I'm looking at the Silber.

I find the Silber easy to ride also and I ride at 60/55 deg angles with a size 26 boot. I switched from an Oxygen Proton 149 to the F2 and it felt great. I haven't noticed it trying to hook but it was not fun riding it in deep crud or deep chopped up powder, I have an another board for that.

Edited by GeorgeS

I find the Silver easy to ride also and I ride at 60/55 deg angles with a size 26 boot. I switched from an Oxygen Proton 149 to the F2 and it felt great. I haven't noticed it trying to hook but it was not fun riding it in deep crud or deep chopped up powder, I have an another board for that.

George: Thank you for the very specific feedback! Have settled on a volkl renntiger 168 from Robert Alexander in New Hampshire. Maybe we can do business on my NEXT board! Brad