Note to New Members ×

Steel recievers on TD1's

lowrider

I thought about it, but never followed through as I sold the board and bindings. But I remember thinking it would be easy to drill out the slot in the heel receiver and the red "ice breaker" bar, and use the original TD1 screws. The other thing you'll have to do is put a small spacer under the steel heel receiver to raise it. If you compare the original TD1 receiver to the steel TD3 receiver, it's taller. I don't see any reason this wouldn't work, but I cannot endorse it. Maybe Fin or someone else can chime in.

Difference in height is only 2 mm Rather than slotting reciever and ice bar i"m thinking longer M6 screws with nuts and washers rather than M8. Nice that Fin stayed with the same screw centre dimension. My obsession with TD1's is that i use them on 5 different plates and boards an want stiff interface. No worries about titinal or board damage as bindings never touch the board.

I like the 2nd option i'll turn a few plugs in the lathe drill and tap on the lathe cut a slot to turn in with a screwdriver. Neat and reversable. Don't want to butcher the base plate so that M8 won't fit back in. Await the arrival of parts from the Bomber store. I ordered two days before the 10% Off Sale :mad:. Time to shop people !