Note to New Members ×

White Pine

two_ravens

Woohooo! There may be life after Snow King! Incredibly, White Pine announced today that they plan to reopen for the 2012-2013 season!!! It will be a 10 mile drive instead of the 3 block walk that I'm used to, but WAY better than the 80 mile drive I was facing. Intermediate hill with sparse grooming - but hey, I'll take it!

Maybe miracles do happen!

post-6122-141842371806_thumb.jpg

Congrats!! How does it compare to Snow King? How long had it been closed? Cool.

http://ski-resorts.findthebest.com/l/1129/White-Pine-Ski-Resort

http://www.pinedaleroundup.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=72&story_id=2198

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Whilst he was doing time in the wilds of Wyoming, Monodude was ruling White Pine. They had never seen the likes of such a freak, and decided that they had to have him on patrol, but he said no, I cannot abide, and be the man at the same time. They where so devastated by his rejection they had to close for a year just to recover

mario

Whilst he was doing time in the wilds of Wyoming, Monodude was ruling White Pine. They had never seen the likes of such a freak, and decided that they had to have him on patrol, but he said no, I cannot abide, and be the man at the same time. They where so devastated by his rejection they had to close for a year just to recover

mario

Mono Dude Rules !! "The PNW now" We are glad to have him back!

Yeah, I bet they'd never seen the likes of his Dudeness! Sorry he won't be here this year to help me tear the place up.

White Pine has been closed more than open over the past 30 years. They closed just after I graduated high school and stayed that way for a long time. Opened briefly, then I believe closed again. Then open again for a couple of years, then closed last year. Really very surprised that they are opening this year, given the sharp decline in the local economy (oil boom town gone bust.) There is still some oil money here though - maybe they found a sponsor?

Re: WpES..... hmmmm. Don't know yet... The acronym I'm thinking of though is WACKO - just have to find something that works with that..... :)

• 3 weeks later...

mario

Just found this thread... Mario you are too much

Missing you and the lci

Don

Feed the addiction...

• 3 weeks later...

I used to be jealous that you lived in JH, close to the Tetons. Now I'm jealous that you live so close to the Wind River Range. A long hike (or several such, including some peak-bagging) through there has been on my bucket list for almost too long. Gotta get out from behind this bleeping desk!

I hope you can get out there and enjoy the spectacular beauty of the neighborhood. http://www.visitpinedale.org/attractions/destinations/wind-river-mountians.html

Hey OhD, when you make it out here be sure to give a shout. Hope you get here soon - someone needs to feed those mosquitoes! :)

I'm having sort of a hard time adjusting (which may be due in part to the continued lack of electricity in my electrically heated house...) but it is so typical of Pinedale that they misspelled 'mountains' in that link to all the lovely pictures of fun things to do here. :D Gotta love this town, right? I just got a splitboard, so hope to get out and see some country this winter. I knew the Winds like the back of my hand when I was a little tyke, but I've been gone 30 years & have forgotten so much - need to get reacquainted.