Note to New Members ×

Any details on Donek's new plate?

zoltan

Zoltan,

There are 5 people who have intimate knowledge of the AF plate. Myself, Todd Brown, Mark Kress, Converse Fields, and Thedo Remelink. I am putting the finishing touches on the patent in the next couple days. All will be revealed on the AF Plate within the next few days. There are some details on the F-plate here:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?37862-My-new-Rev-race-boards-and-why&p=380826#post380826

The F-Plate is what you've seen on FB.

• 1 month later...

I'm very interested in this - thinking of picking up a plate for this season. The idea of having a plate I can remove without worrying about hardware is very appealing. EDIT: Oh, I just checked the website. Is the plate good to go/ ready to order?

Edited by NickG

Sorry Zoltan, but I'm not 100% sure I understand the question. Are we talking about using the AF hardware with the old plate or something else?

Sorry, I kind of changed the topic without signaling.

I'm asking if there's any downside to the AF plate (as a whole system) compared to last year's Donek plate (as a whole system). Is there any reason someone would want to go with the older style plate system over the new AF system?

Sorry, I kind of changed the topic without signaling.

I'm asking if there's any downside to the AF plate (as a whole system) compared to last year's Donek plate (as a whole system). Is there any reason someone would want to go with the older style plate system over the new AF system?

Zoltan,

I have one if the AF prototypes in my possession and several days on it. For me, I see no downside of the AF plate comped to the A plate. I love the thing.

I might encourage you to reach out to Mark Kress or Converse Fields through Doneks Facebook page as those two probably have the most miles on these plates and could provide the best answer.

I will (significantly) stretch here and say that I think the only possible downside of the AF plate might be that it offers slightly less total isolation as compared to the A plate or other axel based systems. That being said, all the benefits WELL outweigh this.

Buy one, you will not be disappointed.

My personal choice this season will be the AF plate. It's lighter, lower, provides a sense of what is happening in the board, allows the board to freely twist and flex laterally, and unlike any other plate on the market offers the ability to manipulate the board as if it didn't have a plate.

My personal choice this season will be the AF plate. It's lighter, lower, provides a sense of what is happening in the board, allows the board to freely twist and flex laterally, and unlike any other plate on the market offers the ability to manipulate the board as if it didn't have a plate.

And i would assume this would be due to the fact that all previous plates were too stiff and stack height was too high ?