Note to New Members ×

My new Rev race boards and why

evnewsphoto

Rode TD1s on Burton Factory Primes for several years, many days, no problem. Curious.

Burton Factory Primes Hold up, Jack. The "three hole pattern is weaker" is a myth. I've ridden OS1 on Factory Primes like I was trying to break them and never have had any of them show any sign of failure. Even bought a fresh, stiff, nearly mint 185 team FP recently (very nice) for $100 for this very reason - and they are fun/unforgiving.

Break boards, I break them ,and those who do and cry about it then get off the hill or build something better. Any metal board will break. consider it a testament to your ability to rip a turn. You baught a snowboard not a 100,000 porche... hang it on the wall, tell your kids about it, and move on. Break one and then buy a new one, its all a part of the game. If this upsets you than I could care less. If this makes you laugh than you know where I'm coming from and we should ride, tear some shizzle up and possible break a board or five... happy riding and happy threading.

@ Davekampmeister: you've bought the wrong board:smashfrea, you'd better bought my Oxess, you'll never break that one for sure, and it rides as good as that white Kessler

the Kessler has been a member of the family here for about 8 months now, i didn't buy it recently.

now you've got me thinking about the Tinkler again (and Big Canuck's Apex)

[ATTACH]31190[/ATTACH]race boards are made to win races, not longevity or durability. that was my conclusion when a Kessler came apart, although it was difficult to arrive at. the magic comes at a price. someday, I'll wish I was still strong enough to pull the inserts out (no plate needed, thanks) of one.

Good to see you got another Kessler. I got some SL decks instead of going after race gears this season. See you at WT slopes soon.

Please do post some photos of your long silver metal bench. :)

I backed away and did not want to get things stired up and I am glad Sean offered up what he did (sorry to drag you into this Sean) that is all I was trying to make a point about- the stronger inserts on his boards and the peace of mind it gives me. SG boards are awesome to ride but if I can get the same specs from Sean with a stronger desgin why wouldn't I? It is only a consumer choice. I just bought a brand new car yesterday- a Ford C-Max Hybird, and just like the boards it has very similar competetion in the form of the Prius, but it is better across the board in mpg, price and handeling (47 mpg and $25k) it was a no brainer. If you can get an improvement on a great design why not?

And as a side note before I back away again- thank you Jack for the point about Burton FPs and TD1s, I rode the same 1997 FP 157 for Slalom for around 10 years, the flex broke down long before I ever riped out an insert, and that was direct mounted! I don't know what Burton does now but my guess is they learned these leassons a long, long time ago back when they started with T-nuts in the P-tex. I used to go to the Factory in Manchester VT (before they moved- it was a small house in fact) when I was growing up and buy direct from them. In 1989 I bought the Burton Mystery Air (secret Craig Kelly board) and had the first generation of yellow high back freestyle bindings. I broke those once a month! I would go get new ones and keep riding. The next year guess what? They improved those bindings with stronger thicker plastic (now white with "air" written on them) and they stopped breaking them as much. My point is like Sean said, if stuff is breaking you as a manufacture can either eat the cost and just replace them (like SG is doing) or you can actually address the problem and fix the design flaw. That is what works better in the long term for both the seller and the buyer of the product.

If that concept is herecy against all that is holly as some of you guys think then you are poor consumers and deserve what you buy. The free market always wins (I am a Democrate by the way) and I only urge you to make the right choice when buying a board. I know I did. Everett