Note to New Members ×

Tom Sims RIP

slopestar

We had a paddle out For Tom yesterday at Hammonds Reef in Santa Barbara it was his favorite place to surf, fish and free board.It was nice to see old friends I had not seen in a long time.I will always think of him every time I see a kid on a skateboard or snowboard.He will be missed.

Frank

That's awesome Frank! Been thinking about you guys ever since I heard the news, sorry for your loss! I trust you take some comfort in just how many people's lives Tom has touched, truely immortal!

Wow... I just read this at the end of my work shift.

It really hits home because I myself, had a fatal heart attack due to stress on August 1st, 2012 and had the presence of mind to get myself to the hospital (3 blocks away) as a precautionary measure because I had a feeling it could be "the big one". That's what saved me. I was in triage when it happened. I just passed out. No light headedness, no heart pain..nothing traumatic.. just blackness and peace..very weird. Was not what I expected death to be like.

After CPR and defib, they raced me upstairs to the cath lab for an angioplasty/stent.

I was damn lucky. Wish Tom had been in the same position. he'd probably still be here.

Tom had a huge influence on my short semi pro skating career in the 70s as well as Stacy Peralta.

I wish I had saved some of the Sims boards I've sold over the years on BOL/Ebay/CL.

-Charles in Denver

• 1 year later...

I thought this auction might be of some interest to the old school riders here.

I am relatively sure that the final amount was not the actual sale price. If you look at the bidding history it appears the seller was trying to end the auction for what ever reason. Everything you see on Ebay is not as it seems. Just my observance over the years. I was out bid :) RIP Tom.

post-198-141842401628_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842401622_thumb.jpg

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

I thought this auction might be of some interest to the old school riders here.

I am relatively sure that the final amount was not the actual sale price. If you look at the bidding history it appears the seller was trying to end the auction for what ever reason. All you see on Ebay is not as it seems. Just my observance over the years.

[ATTACH]36313[/ATTACH][ATTACH]36314[/ATTACH]

That was accidentally put up by the estate.

Accidently ? Odd, it ran for a week. I guess stranger things have happened. How did the secondary seller get this in the first place? I wonder why they didn't just cancel the auction days ago? It appears the seller isn't a pro. They kept trying to delete the bids but didn't cancel the auction. The other auction completed for Tom's mags. I hope they work out the details in future auctions. It is harmful to the reputation of the seller and effects the potential future earnings for the family. Looks hinky and makes real buyers reluctant to step up and bid strong. Not the first kluster , won't be the last. Just hate to see it happen to someone as significant as Tom's estate.

• 3 weeks later...