Note to New Members ×

Alpine Summer Camps?

Miltie

Just thought I would throw this out there.... Anyone have any recent experience with Alpine focused Summer Camps at Mt. Hood? My wife and kids are heading out of the country this summer and I have some free time on my hands. Looking to burn some vacation, get some snow time and improve my riding skills. Haven't been to Hood in 20+ years so any info/guidance would be appreciated. Thanks! Tom

I'd get in touch with Gavin at Snowperformance and ask what he has planned for the summer. And if you can, I'd choose South America over Hood in a heartbeat. Ski a real resort in their winter, rather than a short pitch of salted corn snow with a bunch of spoiled brats all over the place. I've had a blast at camps at Hood, but Chile was so much better it doesn't even come close to comparing.

Miltie, I don't know all that much about the camps. However, I would be happy to help with info and details about the area and the ski areas. Please check out the Mt Hood Meadows and Timberline Ride boards. Allot of very nice local riders that would be happy to share info.

How soon can you come? Best deal is NOW. Timberline has a great spring pass deal good from now till May 28th for only 110$.

Bryan

Just thought I would throw this out there.... Anyone have any recent experience with Alpine focused Summer Camps at Mt. Hood? My wife and kids are heading out of the country this summer and I have some free time on my hands. Looking to burn some vacation, get some snow time and improve my riding skills. Haven't been to Hood in 20+ years so any info/guidance would be appreciated. Thanks! Tom

Check out this place,

http://www.mthood.com/snowboard_race.htm

Great program, they even have a grown ups camp. Feel free to ask questions I know the program pretty well. Well worth it. We get out on the hill from 7-noonish and have a very fast n firm surface most of the time.

BB

Thanks Bordy! I do not aspire to be a world cup racer but would be looking to improve my racing/carving skills and just have some fun. Would this camp work for that?

Sinecure - Man Chile sounds cool but I have to do some research. Good suggestion.

Bryan, If I make it up that way will have to check out your collection of boards.

Thanks! Tom

Check out this place,

http://www.mthood.com/snowboard_race.htm

Great program, they even have a grown ups camp. Feel free to ask questions I know the program pretty well. Well worth it. We get out on the hill from 7-noonish and have a very fast n firm surface most of the time.

BB

What up, bordy? ltns! Dude, have you thought about recruiting Coach Garrow and Coach Maccaron ? :) Just a food for a thought. Me, personally, I'll be studying in school (engineering) so I can start building ski lifts again. :)

Thanks Bordy! I do not aspire to be a world cup racer but would be looking to improve my racing/carving skills and just have some fun. Would this camp work for that?

Sinecure - Man Chile sounds cool but I have to do some research. Good suggestion.

Bryan, If I make it up that way will have to check out your collection of boards.

Thanks! Tom

Just as Mike T mentioned(great to see you there this summer Mike). There is a wide range of skill and goals, all the staff works very hard to cater to each rider, I had a young lady, a 50 year old and a guy training for special olympics all together one session and everyone came away happy with new skills and a week of fun. I would call and speak to the staff to see if they are placing adults together at any particular session since I don't know the logistic for this summer yet...

Howdy Lee could you imagine if Will and I could make it happen at hood together! I do try and kite down in hood river every day...plus if the is a fooseball table around we could double our money....

• 2 weeks later...

http://timberlinesnowcamps.com/?utm_source=Timberline+Summer+Camps&utm_campaign=Spring+Pass+MAR15&utm_medium=email

More info and incentives to the Mt Hood Summer Camp programs.

Come enjoy Timberline's Palmer Snowfield, home of the best summer sliding in North America. Sign up for one of our summer camps today and take your

skiing and riding to a whole new level.

RESERVE YOUR SPACE EARLY AND SAVE $100*

*discount available to new campers only.

WE HAVE BOTH DAY CAMP AND OVERNIGHT CAMP

OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN JUNE & JULY!

ALSO, receive an additional $100 off for

each new

person you refer to our camp -

Refer

enough people and you could come to camp for free!

*they can't be a prior camper with us, and must sign up by June 1st, 2012 for you to get the discount. Instruct them to list your name as their referrer when they register for the camp.

What makes Timberline Summer Snow Camps the best camps on Mt. Hood?

The only camp with slopeside accommodations in Historic Timberline Lodge

Certified PSIA, AASI, USSA and USASA Coaches

Video Analysis

Awesome Afternoon Activities

Affordable Pricing

Online Registration

Low Coach to Student Ratio

MORE SNOW than any other mountain in North America!

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com