Note to New Members ×

NOW soft-boot bindings

Marc H

My first reaction is negative only because every piece of information on the website is a YouTube video. I am behind a firewall that blocks YouTube so I cannot get any information in regards to the bindings. Why do people design a website for a new product that only has information in a video format??

I don't know about that. At 60 degrees, the majority of the flex in Sidewinders is directed towards the edge. Similar to someone running close to 0 degrees with the Now bindings.

If I rode softboots, I'd want to try them. Maybe it's just a neat marketing gimmick. Maybe it's awesome.

I'd have to look at little bit more at how these things are supposed to work, but the idea could address one of the problems I've felt with stiffer softboot bindings: the disparity in flex characteristics between toeside and heelside. A nice, carbon highback can approach the feeling of a hardboot. Then you roll to toeside and it's...um, not really the same. Now, if this new design just makes the whole binding mushier overall, then I see no point in them. Then again, I'm probably nowhere near their marketing demographic.

I don't know about that. At 60 degrees, the majority of the flex in Sidewinders is directed towards the edge. Similar to someone running close to 0 degrees with the Now bindings.

If I rode softboots, I'd want to try them. Maybe it's just a neat marketing gimmick. Maybe it's awesome.

Good point. Exactly why I am not riding the sidewinders. As much as I like the forgiveness it is not worth giving up the precise control and power.