Note to New Members ×

I have a stupid question!

Jeffrey Day

I own two pairs of boots. A pair of 2001 AF600s & a pair of 1999 SB323s.

With my AF 600s, my toeside turns are pretty good, but my heelside turns tend too wash out with more frequencies.

And with my SB323, the boots that I think that I prefer, I have no worries as far as diving into a heelside turn, but my toeside turns are very ugly.

Now I've been carving for, I think, four seasons. Snowboarding in general for about 9 seasons with about 25+ days a year. So there's still alot of things that I could learn I'm sure:-)

I ride with both Cateks & TD2s with very similiar settings: 3* up front & 6* out back. And just lift, no canting. My most common ride is my Donek FC-163.

Can boots make that much of a difference or is it my riding style/technique that far off/bad?

Tell me what you think!

... I used ski boots until the last few days of last season. I had great heelsides and weak toesides.

After I got my Raichles, I can lay out a carve on the toeside, but my heelside is garbage - to the point where I might have to go back to school to get it fixed.

Same board, same rider ... go figure ...

Could be the different forward lean/flex of the boots.

I'm also riding the AF600s. And my toe-side turns are much better than my heel side turns. I just find it easier to commit into a toe side turn. ...and I also have problems with washing out on my heel side turns...

...last weekend I was riding by accident with the rear boot in walking position (front boot locked in middle position, before I had the rear boot one setting more forward lean). That made a big difference - my heel side worked much better! Not 100% sure why, but I guess it's somewhat related to the forward lean...

Hagen.