Note to New Members ×

Looking for fellow carvers

jmarty

Hi Jeff! I'll be carving out at Berkshire East tomorrow and will be at Wachusett Tuesday morning. I may also be back for more riding during the evening at Wachusett either Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday (waiting on friends). I'll post in the ride board and let you know where and when I'll be.

Feel free to send me a message through Bomber if you want to meet up at a specific place/time.

I also like to get out to Stratton and Bretton Woods in NH. Great carving and great snow.

Let's meet up at Wachusett on Tuesday (I'll be there from 9 to noon). There is also another hardbooter (Dave?) who works at Wachusett. Do you know him?

Regards,

Michael

Jeff, I looked for you at Wachusett on Tuesday, but never did see you. I was there from 9 until noon and ran into another carver, Brad, whom I met last week at ECES. I was back around 4 for the night session and rode with my softboot friends until about 9 PM before heading for the bar.

Tomorrow, a few of us are planning on heading to Sunapee. Yes, it will be warm, and rain is in the forecast, but it doesn't look like it will come until late in the day (4 PM or later). If you can, try to get to Sunapee tomorrow (Thursday). I'll send you an email and also post in the NH ride board.

It looks like there's a few new faces in the Boston area. Unfortunately, Wachusett and other local mountains are nearly done for the season. If we want to continue carving, we need to head north. There is still plenty of good snow in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. In fact, Stowe just got another 3 inches of snow recently.

I'm planning on heading up to VT or NH on Tuesday. I'm guessing most people are looking for Weekend plans? Perhaps we could plan on meeting up at Stratton (or somewhere else in VT or NH) on Saturday or Sunday? I'm fairly flexible, so let me know what works for you. Would love to meet up and carve some turns.

Best regards,

Michael

At this point it's looking like I'll be at Stratton on Saturday. I might head to Bretton Woods on Friday depending on the weather (please, no rain, please).

Next week looks really bad. I'm seeing temps in the 70s and later in the week 80s (81 on Thursday!). The NH and ME forecasts look the same but with rain most of the week. I feel like I'm in hell.

I was planning on going to Wachusett today and tomorrow for a couple of hours in the morning, but after a delayed opening and early closing on Tuesday, they're closed until the weekend in an attempt to save what little snow is left.

Once they start doing that, it's pretty much over.

Michael, if wachusett ends up closed sat and I don't have to work i may be able to get up to Stratton on sat. Just have to see what mother nature does to poor wachusett. Monday killed the snow I was there working and the tar at the bottom of the lifts was showing by the end of the day. Got a call last night canceling my shifts for we'd and thurs.

Wachusett is in sad shape. Up here working and have twenty people at the summit. May close for the season on Sunday. Jeff

I was there today in the rain! It is really, really bad. I'm not surprised if this is the last weekend.

I've never been there when there's been so little cover and typically do not get there late in the season. The fact that I was there today, just shows you how desperate I am.

I'll be at Stratton tomorrow. Will I see anyone else there? If anyone else is coming out from Boston, we could carpool (I can only take one passenger comfortably with gear... it would technically be possible to take two passengers, not so comfy for whomever is stuck in back, as long as nobody has a board over 170ish). If you're interested, let me know quickly though!

Michael, if wachusett ends up closed sat and I don't have to work i may be able to get up to Stratton on sat. Just have to see what mother nature does to poor wachusett. Monday killed the snow I was there working and the tar at the bottom of the lifts was showing by the end of the day. Got a call last night canceling my shifts for we'd and thurs.

Yeah, I knew it wasn't going to be good, but forecast showed rain just about everywhere. I figured if I was going to risk getting caught in the rain, at least Wachusett isn't far and I have a pass. I was bummed about it being closed earlier this week because I would have been out at least a couple of hours on Wed and Thu mornings.

Jeff, send me a PM if you can make Stratton and I'll keep an eye out.

• 1 month later...