Note to New Members ×

Dachstein Ski Boots

BobD

35$ Delivered for brand new boots?? Sounds like a good value. Back in the day quite a few alpine snowboard riders used Dachstein boots. Most I think were red?? I might have a pair somewhere. If these were M29 I would buy them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dachstein-Ski-Boots-Pro-44-NEW-25-0-Size-7-mens-/380409003059?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589224bc33

post-198-141842362481_thumb.jpg

A higher end boot.... I was originally looking at these because I read about the adjustable heels (predates the Fischer soma idea). Then I saw the spring mechanism. For me, a true cross over boot would be able to lock at a 120+ flex for skiing and then then unlock to a stiff BTS for alpine board

post-340-141842362596_thumb.jpg

post-340-141842362598_thumb.jpg

Edited by BobD

What happened??

I found them for you Brian! :p

After being passed along to different generations of Dachstein owners, and shifted from one parent company to the other, this fabulous ski boot company has gone the way of the Dodo.

There seemed to be some sign of hope in the late eighties when Kneissel became a Dachstein partner, but they just fizzled. Then in 1998, Raichle Boots AG merged with the Kneissel-Dachstein family in an effort to move production away from ski boots and more towards high quality, soft shoe, hiking boots.

This, too, failed.

In April of 2003, though, the DeeLuxe Sport Articles Trading Ltd. picked up the trademark rights to the Kneissel Dachstein brand in the hopes of building up the boot family once again.