Note to New Members ×

Catek FR2 Soft-Boot Bindings

GAK

Yup, you read correct. The Holy-Grail of softboot bindings.

These bindings won't just knock your socks off, they will put them back on and send you out dancing!

Includes some custom carbon highbacks, the original highbacks, Ride straps, spare bolts galore, spare heel cups, etc. In fact, with a couple base plates (get a machinist to replicate these ones) you can have two sets.

They are awesome for BX, freeriding, powder, impressing ladies with smooth carves, you name it... I can e-mail a few pics, or maybe post some up here later. gkerr at waterworksconstruction sot ca

Let me know if you're interested. $300 shipped anywhere in North America --- I am always up for trades as well.

Boom,

Greg

catek1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

catek2.jpg

catek3.jpg

catek4.jpg

catek5.jpg

Edited by GAK
price

I have a pair of these. I was just curious why the modifications to the high back and the straps. I was pretty happy with what they came with did you have any problems

No problems per say... But the stock backs are pretty crappy compared to almost anything else on the market. They are soft, low, and ugly. My thoughts are: the binding has excellent adjust-ability. The position can be dialed in to the millimeter. The straps can be angled for maximum response. Why would you have anything less than the optimum performance high-back?

Anyway, the sales update is as follows: Two offers received, both were conditionally accepted (shipping logistics, address confirmation, etc.). Unfortunately, no response from either buyer... What the hell? IT WAS THEIR OFFER! Did they get offerer's remorse? Cold feet? Regardless, these are still for sale.

Thanks,

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
Spare heel cups sold. Spare toe risers sold. Complete bindings still for sale. New price $300. I want these gone!!!

What kind of trades are you interested in? Trying to piece together a soft book setup and these would help for sure.

I have quite the stack of boards that I would consider parting with.

Snowboard gear, cycling gear, sunglasses, electronics... Just no Garbage. I would even throw cash into a deal if something suited me. I don't really need any decks. I might be open to discussion on a PGS or PSL board, but I am pretty set for pretty much all snowboard equipment.

What kind of trades are you interested in? Trying to piece together a soft book setup and these would help for sure.

I have quite the stack of boards that I would consider parting with.

Sorry, didn't see this question pop up. To be honest, I didn't even that FR2's came in sizes. I thought it was one size fits all, and the heel cups and toe ramps just adjusted to fit... Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Anyway, my boots are a size 9.5 and I thought the fit was great.

Greg, What size are they.?