Spell check on your Bomber Posts

C5 Golfer

Spell check of your Posts  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Spell check of your Posts

• Don't care if there is miss-spelled words
    • Not a very good speller
    • I try to check spelling before posting.. I care

It's not that I can't spell, it's that I can't type. Some people may not be aware that they can's spell, and I see just as many grammar errors too. I'm an offender just as much as others, so I refrain from correcting anyone, so as long as I can understand what they are trying to say (or type), I don't worrry about it.

So there is spell check? Where is it?

You caught a 10 foot surgeon? What kind of fish is that? Did you use a stethescope for bait? :)

<ol><li><p>Make sure you're using <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/">Firefox</a> as your web browser.</p></li><li><p>Install the <a href="http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/">Spellbound extension</a>.</p></li></ol><p>You will now have built-in spell-checking for all text that you type in your web browser. That means you can not only spell-check your Bomber posts, but also all the posts you make to all those other forums you waste your day on.

Originally posted by hangten247

It's not that I can't spell, it's that I can't type. Some people may not be aware that they can's spell, and I see just as many grammar errors too. I'm an offender just as much as others, so I refrain from correcting anyone, so as long as I can understand what they are trying to say (or type), I don't worrry about it.

So there is spell check? Where is it?

You caught a 10 foot surgeon? What kind of fish is that? Did you use a stethescope for bait? :)

I agree grammar is terrible also. There is no spell check inside Bomber that I know of. I usually type all forum responses and posts within MS Word, spell check and cut and paste, since Word is always open on my computer is it easy to do.

A sturgeon is one of the oldest fish in our waters, related to sharks and quite tasty if you like to eat fish, especially if BBQ'd. It also smokes quite well also, that is in a smoker with PNW alder wood, not rolled up in a paper and lit.

For bait we used a 4-5 lb Shad with a hook about the size of your hand. Send me an email and I'll send you a photo of one of the many we caught that day.

ha! why me?

Im pretty good at spelling and grammar. Basically have an automatic spellcheck built in. Ever since college I would edit while I was writing.

in all honesty tho...writing a response in word and then cutting and pasting? Isnt that going quite far? Its _just_ a forum!

Actually C-5, I did have some idea of what a Sturgeon looks like, but I'll still take a pix of a 10 footer!

If I remember correctly, that's also the species that eastern Europeans and Russians use for caviar? It was actually a feeble attempt on my part to add some humor, a play on words as the topic of this thread and poll is spelling. (sturgeon-t=surgeon). Now that I look back at my post, I had 1 too many r's in worry.

http://encarta.msn.com/media_461517395_761569681_-1_1/Great_Lakes_Sturgeon.html

post-1362-141842199718_thumb.jpg

Dsub, where is that apostrophe in the word Im, you said that you were good at spelling and grammar. Shame on you!!! I just noticed also you didn't use one in "isnt". People, these are contractions, all contractions require apostrophes, don't ya'll remember "School House Rock" on ABC on Saturday mornings???

Originally posted by oldvolvosrule

Dsub, where is that apostrophe in the word Im, you said that you were good at spelling and grammar. Shame on you!!! I just noticed also you didn't use one in "isnt". People, these are contractions, all contractions require apostrophes, don't ya'll remember "School House Rock" on ABC on Saturday mornings???

I forgot to mention that I throw freestyle when it comes to apostrophes

oh, and since we're correcting each other, it is "y'all" not "ya'll"

contraction of you all.

;)

As long as I can decipher the meaning, I can't get too worried about someone's spelling, punctuation and grammar.

In college I was so grammatically challenged that my English Professor dubbed me "Conan the Grammarian".

If someone can coach me on the best approach to negotiate a GS course on my Volkl RT board I don't care if it's in Pig Latin.

I just want to go fast!

And while I'm on the subject, has anyone given thought to writing a tech article on racing technique?