Note to New Members ×

Gromel-TITANAL 176

gromel

I happened to meet Aleksey at our local hill today, and rode with him for a while. He let me ride the board on the right after I swapped my bindings on them.

Take my impression with a grain of salt. I probably have about 18 days of hard booting in, starting this year.

I'm 150 lbs. I ride a 163 as my current longest board.

This thing was long, and Aleksey said it was 13m sidecut, but was soft in the tail with the swallow tail.

Took it out for just a few runs, and first run had to get used to a long board. One thing I noticed was this board is heavier than any of my other boards. Top is real wood.

After first run, I took it down the black I had been doing all day, that was very choppy and bumpy, soft/frozen granular crappy snow.

For me, trying to turn it at very low speed took a lot of effort. I'm sure this is more due to the length of the board. Got some speed going, not a huge amount (like a scary huge freight train amount) and was able to get the board on edge and carve. Radius of the turn wasn't as tight as my other boards, and I didn't expect it to be. But I was surprised I could carve such a long, 13m board in the space I had on our hill.

It soaked up the chop very nicely. My previous runs on my boards were lots of bumps, feeling through my legs. This board turned nicely, and ate up the bumps. Still felt a tiny bit, but nothing compared to my other boards.

I was just surprised at 150lbs, I could carve on this board on a narrow hill without a ton of speed, and how it soaked up the bumps. I don't have any board other than a Prior 4wd and Renn Tigger SL to compare to though.

At my ability level, and weight, I think it's way too stiff for me. But I think if I had ridden it for a few hours, I would have gotten more used to it, and been more comfortable riding it. It's definitely a nice board.

Thanks Aleksey!