Note to New Members ×

Don't Laugh !!

Guest MIke The Piper

Guest MIke The Piper

Hello All,

Well let me start by saying this carving thing is the Bomb so to Speak. I got some used Burton boards and old bindings. I want to get new bindings but im not sure what to get. My two boards have the older set up,not the 4-hole set up. Can anybody help or point me in the right place. I would love to get a new set from the fine folks at bomber but i just Don't have the cash right now. Just got old bagpipes reworked. I hear bad stories about the burton bindings i see on ebay. My boots are new made by oxygen, they are called proton. Its hard to find info on this because every snowboard shop i have been to laughs at me saying nobody rides

that stuff anymore. Good luck on finding that kinda stuff.(I think they are all high school kids) Can anybody point me in the right direction?? Please Help !!!

Mike The Piper!!:confused:

When you say "older setup" on a used Burton board, is it the 3D pattern (1993 and more recent) or what we call the "5 screw pattern" (1990-1992 I think)?

The reliability of Burton bindings varies with several factors, including year of the bindings, models (Race, Performance, Carriers), your weight and how you ride. I ride Burton Performance bindings and I weight 170-175 and I never had any problems with them. I don't ride hard like some of the riders here either. So like I said, several factors come into play to decide wether Burton bindings would be ok for you or not.

Mike,

One thing the kids at your local snowboard shop were right about, the fact that it is sometimes hard to find what you are looking for when it comes to carving boards, boots and bindings. There are many companies that make equipment. Look at some of the links on this site and you'll find companies. As far as your old equipment, ride what you've got and look at the for sale section of this site. If you want Burton bindings you can try www.klug.com. He may still have some old Burton bindings that you can use. Hey, don't let the little grommit snowboarders at your local shop fool you, there are plenty of hard riders out there.

Guest MIke The Piper

Hello Again All,

Thak you for the info! I found out some more info i have the carriers on the alp board and older burton ones on the stat 6.

Thank you for all the info everybody !! Im going to check out those sites to see what they offer. Happy Holidays to everybody!!

Mike The Piper!!:D

I think Derf's post pretty much summarized the Burton bindings and how bad/good they are. I had 2 pairs of Burton race plates and currently own 2 other pairs of burton race physics. They all work(ed) great for me and never had nothing going wrong with any part of them.