Note to New Members ×

Back Again Carving After Over Decade - Leichtenstein (Swiss Alps)

CTS-V

but tell your honey to keep her hands more in front of her with her poles more vertical, and bend her knees a little more, good habits for her to start, looking great for a newbie. (FWIW I'm a certified ski instructor)
Tell your cutie to get her hands out in front of her. Have her drill holding her polls horizontally with both hands straight out in front of her while skiing.

Rookies.

*'Zombie Posture' and 'Cafeteria Zombie', are hardly applicable to good skiing in general, much less to this situation.

I was a certified ski and snowboard instructor too.....

The logo on your jacket is clearly visible on at least two occasions.*

How did that slip past the radar?

Thanks for the video. *'Riding through town', so to speak, looks like a hoot.

Edited by Beckmann AG

and not a rookie beckmann, sorry i forgot to genuflect before i gave some friendly advice�:barf:

Ouch.

I was making an observation on the state of ski instruction in general, using the previous quotes as a starting point. I can see how that, and any attendant humor, could be misunderstood as personal criticism.

It is worth noting, however, that as many (but not all) instructors gain experience, they tend to reduce their reliance of that type of task. This is due in part to recognition that hand location and activity is indicative of effect at the point of contact, and that 'good' skiing makes for 'good' postures, rather than the other way 'round.

Sorry to offend.

• 1 year later...

Hey Ya'll.....Hope all is well....haven't been on the forums for awhile....but moved to the Sacramento area last summer. I wasn't able to hit Tahoe last season due to work.....but I plan on riding this winter up in Tahoe when I get back to the states around November.Anyways....hope everyone is doing well...and looking forward to getting back into a carve this winter.....

Hey Ya'll.....Hope all is well....haven't been on the forums for awhile....but moved to the Sacramento area last summer. I wasn't able to hit Tahoe last season due to work.....but I plan on riding this winter up in Tahoe when I get back to the states around November.Anyways....hope everyone is doing well...and looking forward to getting back into a carve this winter.....

Glad to hear an update.

Definitely need to meet up with some of the California BOL members. If you aren't blown away with their skills, generosity, and overall good vibe I will be very surprised. Check out the ride board and make some time to hang with some alpine folks.

Did you end up buying any gear while in Germany?

Glad to hear an update. Definitely need to meet up with some of the California BOL members. If you aren't blown away with their skills, generosity, and overall good vibe I will be very surprised. Check out the ride board and make some time to hang with some alpine folks. Did you end up buying any gear while in Germany?
Thank you for the warm welcome back....and looking forward to meeting up with some local riders.I never ended up getting any new gear in Germany....so when I get back to Cali I'll be in the market for a complete new set-up.