Note to New Members ×

summit county visit

RichNH

Hello! So I was able to put together 2 weeks off this year to make a colorado trip and my first SES. I will be out there entire week before SES, Jan 28th to Feb 3rd. I'd like to get back to A-basin where I haven't ridden in years or in hardboots. Any suggestions on riding there midweek or another mountain? I'll probably get a cheap room somewhere in the area (any suggestions?) and wouldn't mind meeting some other riders. Thanks!

-Rich

Plan on riding Loveland with the LCI on the 29th and Summit the rest of the week. Check out the Yo LCI! thread for more info and to see what you will be getting yourself into with the LCI. With our passes we can get you a discounted ticket or someone may have a ticket from a 4-pak at low cost that you can buy. Either way it won't be full price. Look forward to meeting you.

JP1 may have suggestion for lodging, he has come out the last 3 seasons.

Ink

What Ink said, do not miss the opportunity to ride with LCI !

I'm not fussy, Super 8 in Dillon works for me (tell them you want the jp1 :eek: discount).

You can drive up the road 1 mile and 'pester' the Mad Scientist and the rest of the Bomber Crew & check out the goodies !

JMO: Definately hit the Sunshine Cafe for breakfast (Blue River Special :biggthump) take what you can't finish to Lovey & microwave for lunch !

Dillon Dam Brewery has good grub and brewskies (awesome Dam Burger & Pale Ale).

Enjoy the mountains :D and the company !!

Order yourself some "Sport Legs" supplement http://www.sportlegs.com/about/welcome.asp

Frisco - Log Cabin Café. Excellent breakfasts and lunches. Closes @ 2:30 p.m.

El Jebel for breakfast while en-route to Aspen @ "Breakfast in America", a locals favorite.

Check out this lift ticket BOGO offer from Shell gas, although the gas must be purchased in CO, read the details http://www.skifreedeals.com/ski-resorts-colorado.html#copper

If you are a warehouse club member, there are both a COSTCO & SAM'S club immediately off I-70 @ Wadsworth (Exit #269A). There is also another COSTCO adjacent to the Eagle-Vail airport off I-70.

HaHa! Well if "Extreme skiing legend Scot Schmidt" uses it...how can I go wrong?!

The super 8 is perfect. Appreciate that. Thanks for all the tips on eats and drinks too! Sounds like I might need to soak my legs in Porter after riding out there. I'll check the other thread as it gets closer and meet up at Loveland that day.

Stoked for this trip. My last time riding in CO was at Berthoud Pass!