Note to New Members ×

Does anyone carve in Big Bear?

NSSage

Does anyone carve in Big Bear I live hear and ride nearly everyday and have never seen anyone else carving!

Did you even go through the threads before you posted this??

I have been up there at least 6 times this winter and I haven't run into you before. Believe me, if you are on hardboots I will track you down!

Did you even go through the threads before you posted this??

I have been up there at least 6 times this winter and I haven't run into you before. Believe me, if you are on hardboots I will track you down!

No I did not sorry.

Haha I don't carve everyday I ski as well, I have only just began carving this year.

I'm just checking the message board this morning to see if anyone else is going to be there today before heading up myself. See you in a few hours!

Great! I hope to see you there! Im getting there when they open and staying all day so I don't see how I could miss you!

The snow was doable, but on the hard side. I took a break around 9:30 thinking the sun could do its thing and soften it up a bit, but then the clouds rolled in and negated that theory. Made 2 or 3 more runs on 7 down, but with the flat light and inconsistent surface conditions I figured discretion was the better part of valor and called it a day. Things were starting to get a bit sketchy. Now that the weatehr's turning more wintery, maybe next weekend will show more promise? After reading the ASSESS posts for last weekend and talking with those who were there for it, I wish I would have opted for the snow instead of the surf on the 8th.