Note to New Members ×

Madd Cap 169

dano

Probably should have left it in the junk bin.

The thin plastic coat peeled on all of those. I have one of the first ones of this proto type run and it shares none of the qualities of a Madd board or any other functional carving board for that matter. Nail it to a wall as a piece of nostalgia that’s about all it is good for. Flex is all wrong (what little there is) inserts are to far back, dampening of a tin can, etc.

It was produced the year prior to the Cameo new generation boards which were the predecessors to the green sidewall new generation boards. I guess that puts it late 2002 or 2003 No great find other then if you want a part of Madd history.

But if someone wants one I have one in great shape for sale??

Really? I have the 159 BX version of this - same topsheet - and love it to pieces. It's my go-to when the conditions are unknown, and I want to just go out and play. it carves like a piranha and loves the soft stuff. It hasn't had a lot of use, but seems to be holding up just fine topsheet wise ...

Huh. "shrug"

Really? I have the 159 BX version of this - same topsheet - and love it to pieces. It's my go-to when the conditions are unknown, and I want to just go out and play. it carves like a piranha and loves the soft stuff. It hasn't had a lot of use, but seems to be holding up just fine topsheet wise ...

Huh. "shrug"

Allee, Alex's comments are very specific to the board pictured in original post

I never saw any Madd caps back in the 90's and I thought all the newer Madds had colored sidewalls so it was a bit of a mystery to me. ( and no carbon butterfly? )

It would look so so sexy up on a wall or as a board bench but I have too much stuff already.

Kudos to the newer Madd BX 167...The infamous Willy Whit had one years ago and used to really rip on it. When I run out of tankers that board is on my short list.

Madd did try out a cap construction board during the 90's, not exactly sure when or what the goal was. I have one of those as well, it is the blueish purple one. Also hanging on the wall along with the original 158's, original 170's and the new generation red sidwall 158 and 170.