Sunday 1/8/2012 ASSESS who is coming?

carvingchef

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was in shutter priority at 1/200 and 3D focus, which is supposed to keep the moving subject in focus. I finally noticed that it would sometimes focus well ahead of the person or even the snow spraying up, but by then Andrea took over the shooting duties. Looks like C mode is definitely better for action shots like this, and some of these pics would have probably still turned out, despite the slightly slow shutter speed.

I'm definitely loving this camera though!

I've never used 3D focus, but it makes sense that it could be tricked by thrown snow.

I love polycarboate Nikons though. My N80 with a plastic fantastic 28-80 weighs next to nothing and is perfect for how I use it. And being that it's a film body, I can find a replacement on craigslist for <$75 should I smash it :eplus2:

We had so much fun having you guys over that we're thinking of doing another get-together at the end of Feb or beginning of Mar (depending on my schedule), and then one more at the end of the season like last year.

That sounds like a great idea! ASSESS part two and three?

here are the pictures, at least the ones i like the most, the pictures on photobucket (shown on this thread) are full resolution and untouched, the ones on facebook

(click on this link) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3061008408715.154136.1368573137&type=3 are cropped and re-sized to fit on facebook (feel free to tag yourself)

there is a lot more pictures and if you want them all let me know and i will put them on a disc, enjoy:

DSC_0795.jpg

DSC_0791.jpg

DSC_0655.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg