Note to New Members ×

Retro '80's Koflach Boots!

Guest Randy S.

Guest Randy S.

Check this out! These were the first snowboard hard boots I ever tried on. I saw them first at the ski show in Grenoble in spring 1987. They had built-in gators and were basically modified AT boots. Gotta love the colors. Some guy is selling them on eBay. They still have the tags on them! They must have been sitting in his garage/attic for over 15 years! Here's the Link to the eBay Auction, but I copied the picture so we could save it here on BOL for the generations.

These boots are essentially the same as the Dynafit Tourlite boots that I rode in for years starting around 1988. Except mine didn't have the cool built-in gators. Oh, and I had an outfit in 1987 that went really well with this color scheme!

Hey Oldsnowboards, you need a pair of these in your collection.

post-68-141842199691_thumb.jpg

I have the exact same boots. Except I cut the annoying gaitors off, put eyelets into the liner so I could lace it up for more support, and added velcro to stick the tongue in place so it didn't rotate around on me. They work OK but they only flex so far and stop. And they're really, really pink. Even more pink than in the picture.

They're actually Koflach Valugga Lights in disguise.

I'm saw 'em on ebya too, I'm glad someone posted this and admitted using thee boots before I could. I had a pair of these too, I used them with my PJ6. It was so tough to find a pair of 13's in ANYTHING, so imagine my exiement to find these! (I got 'em at Madd Mikes in Boston). Some smart induvidual had already removed the gaiters, probably to make them more appealing to sell.

Hey Randy. Tempting. I do have a pair in the collection , however they are not NOS. If they were my size I would definitely snag them for old school dayz. Actually my "Concordias" are not too far up the evolutionary time line.

Slopetool still rides his most every day on the mountain.

Used to use similar climbing boots when doing alpine touring/ climbing. First time I road the south side of Mt Hood was on them. Get this, inside a pair of soft bindings with the highbacks removed!! The things we used to do!! Enjoy!